Thread: Reassurance Needed....BIG TIME!

Reassurance Needed....BIG TIME!

I'm in a total spin so i'm hoping that someone can put my mind at rest.

Just a quick background of my health.

I have had high cholesterol for which i take statins, i suffer asthma and i'm prone to chest infections.

About 3 months ago i was sent for a scan on my gallbladder the results showed small stones and sludge As i wasn't contantly in pain and have a slight fear of going under 'generals' because of my chest problems, i told my gp to hold off refering me........1st big mistake

Over the last few weeks i've not felt too well, but i can't say i felt ill, i just felt 'under the weather' couldn't say i had a chest infection although my chest was tight at times and a running nose.
    A Gp came out to see me (one i haven't seen in a while) and wondered if i had an allergy towards my 7 month old Pekingnese. She took blood from me last Friday to do a full blood count and one to test for an allergy.

(sorry it's so long winded please bare with me!)

My full bloods came back which showed my white blood count high indicating infection, so i was put on Antibiotics & Steroids......I'm still awaiting the allergy blood results.

Then last Sunday evening i started having really unbearable stomach pains so bad i called an ambulance...something i wouldn't normally do, so i had to be in real pain They wanted to take me into hospital but i have a disabled husband who wasn't well that day so i felt i couldn't go....2nd big mistake! They gave me gas & air until i could cope with the pain. Then on Tuesday i woke up and thought i looked a bit yellow, my urine was like black tea and i felt yuk, so i called in the GP who also thought i was very slightly yellow, she did another full blood count and a liver function test.

Yesterday i fostered out my pup to my Niece until i get the allergy test back

This morning i woke up feeling much better and went back to the gp for the results......my full blood count was back to normal but my liver fuction was very abnormal. She has tried very hard to reassure me that

1. My liver fuction test in January was normal
    2. Said that if i had an abnormal liver test without having suffered pain like i did, she'd be more worried
    3. I have gallstones
    4. I don't look yellow today
    5. I woke up feeling better
    6. I don't drink alcohol

.....but i'm in a terrible state worrying that its not my gallbladder, please can anyone who has suffered gallstones and can relate to this please reply.

I'm sooo sorry for going on and on but i'm so scared

Trish.

Re: Reassurance Needed....BIG TIME!

I had my gallbladder removed last April and my symptoms were identical to yours: I suffered with:

Extreme pain - like childbirth pain
    Turned yellow - gallstone blocking my bile duct
    Liver bloodtest extremely high (again because of the jaudice from the stones)
    Very dark urine (again result of the bile duct being blocked)

Try not to worry, but it is best to get your gallstones sorted and I found eating a no fat diet stopped the pain attacks completely.

Hugs xx

Oh Mondie thank you soooooo much i have been waiting all evening for a reply and getting more and more worked up to the point of going into a full blown PA

I agree the pain i had on Sunday was just awful, i said i'd sooner have gone 20 hours in labour!

My urine is now clear although i have one dark pee a day I'm not in so much pain now although i feel bruised where the pain was.

I have started a no fat diet today so hopefully the pain will stay away as i believe they wouldn't operate if you were in pain???

Thanks again

My mother had symptoms exactly like yours Trish. She was on the floor with the pain and had to have injections of pain killers. Also dark urine and she was a bad colour. She had gallstones and sounds very much as if that is what you have too. Hope you feel better soon and get it sorted.XX

Thank you mmac43...thats such a relief to know.

Trish.

Hi It's me again with the same worries regarding my gallbadder/liver.

I'm having a bit of a 'wobble' as i can now feel pain when i touch and slightly press on my right side also i'm not 100% sure but i 'think' i can feel a tiny lump, not sure if it's my imagination tho

I know i have imflamation there as my GP has told me so. I no longer have dark urine and i don't think i'm yellow.....so that's a good sign isn't it?

Yesterday i started taking Milk Thistle as i read on here that it's good for the liver and tomorrow i have another blood test booked.

I just need some reassurance please...thank you.

Trish.

Trish - you are feeling EXACTLY what I felt when I had gallstones! I had pain in my right side and could feel a lump! My doctor said that it was just a fatty lump and that 90% of the population have them, so nothing to worry about. Take heart that your urine is back to normal which means that you have passed the stone that was causing you the excruiating pain and yellowness. I continued to have a sore right hand side and a pain which I described as 'gnawing' until I had my gallbladder removed.

I hope your blood test went OK and if it was anything like my second test, your liver results will be back to normal. Please try not to worry and if you need to know anything about your gallstones/gallbladder then please message me - I'm now officially an expert!!

XX

Thread Information