I've now been on cit 20mg for 4 weeks, i have been having some very strange side effects (which i didnt get when i was last on them 2years ago) i have been shaking uncontrolably and really bad chest pains aswell as pain in the back of my neck. (also u have not had an errection for 2 weeks which is really unusual) so my doc has told me to start taking 40mg a day instead & 2mg of diazapam and it really is working. I take the diazapam in the morning and again in the afternoon. Im now on day 4 of 40mg and i already feel better. I understand that i will have some more bad day but at the moment im ok.

Gary aka Mkmind - milton keynes, ENG

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by demi2111 View Post
Hi all..ive sufferd from panic disorder and servere anxiety for 11yrs now due to post natal depression and other stressful times prem baby,abusive relationship...i tried a anti depressant called zoroxac (not sure spelling is correct) and had real bad side effects so all these years ive tried to cope without and have just had 2mg diazepam as a safty net! i take it and when needed but suffer with agraphobia as i avoid doing alot of thing to prevent the panic attacks ect....today i have been given citalopram 10mg BUT am soooo scared of taking them..does everyone suffer side effects?
Hi demi

yeah there are some side effects but they dont affect everyone, i personnaly would say take what the doc has perscribed. I also suffered from agrophobia after my nervous breakdown 2years ago but taking cit really did help. Im now on 40mg a day after an unforseen relapse 4 weeks ago. So far so good and im now having more good days then bad

gary aka Mkmind - milton keynes,ENG