Thread: work activity programme

Angry work activity programme

So I had my interview at JC, didn't last long, now I have to go and do the acitvity programme which is inn the city, (gonna be struggle to get there)

I was told i'd be asked why I can't work and they will be strict, have to explain why my anxiety stops me from working, as everyone gets anxiety and everyone panics, how can I explain it,

What activity's will it be? Anyone been to them before?

I'm gonna have trouble getting there as can't go public transport, my mum will have to cancel work so she'l lose out on money. The stress of it makes me worse, I get emotional, would rather just die than do this,(had thoughts about it)
    It's too late to ask about going in support group, they say they will help you get back to work, well that's for therapy to help, and they aint therapy.! :@

I will expect a phone call this week to discuss the day, just wish I knew what the activities will be,
    Person at JC said I should go on bus on my own, maake short journeys at a time, it's not that easy to do, 2 years since been on a bus. Can't go out anywhere without my mum annd can't go certain places

Anxiety has taken over my life! :-(

Re: work activity programme

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyblue View Post
    So I had my interview at JC, didn't last long, now I have to go and do the acitvity programme which is inn the city, (gonna be struggle to get there)

I was told i'd be asked why I can't work and they will be strict, have to explain why my anxiety stops me from working, as everyone gets anxiety and everyone panics, how can I explain it,

What activity's will it be? Anyone been to them before?

I'm gonna have trouble getting there as can't go public transport, my mum will have to cancel work so she'l lose out on money. The stress of it makes me worse, I get emotional, would rather just die than do this,(had thoughts about it)
    It's too late to ask about going in support group, they say they will help you get back to work, well that's for therapy to help, and they aint therapy.! :@

I will expect a phone call this week to discuss the day, just wish I knew what the activities will be,
    Person at JC said I should go on bus on my own, maake short journeys at a time, it's not that easy to do, 2 years since been on a bus. Can't go out anywhere without my mum annd can't go certain places

Anxiety has taken over my life! :-(
    Yeah, everyone get anxiety and everyone panics but having a panic/anxiety disorder is a completely different thing altogether. You are anxious and panic for no apparent reason to the point where it takes over your life! People who work in Job Centres don't have a medical background and unless they've experienced it themselves will struggle to understand how debilitating it is for an anxiety sufferer. Can you get your doctor involved?

I hope they gonna pay for my travel as can't use public transport and hope they pay my mum for canceling work.

Hope i'm not in room for too long and they don't start being mean, or i'll walk out, or i'll prob panic infront of them.
    Docs can't do owt, they got in touch with esa before about homevisit but wasn't good enough. Too late to go in support group

Well, it might be unpleasant but you'll live! And if you do have to leave from a panic attack then they will be able to see for themselves "WHY" you are claiming.

Good Luck.

Thanks. Rrecieved the letter and it says they will help me look for a job and apply, and practice interviews, as iif I don't know how to do that,.
    I want to go back to my old job which I will not need an interview.

Also got a letter about another medical questionnaire that got to fill in,
    Thinking of canceling benefits and just live off scraps of food and in a box. Be stress free aswell.

Dealing with the DWP can be a very stressful experience! They mucked up my benefits big style after a spell in hospital last year - it took months of phone calls and letters of complaint to sort out - nearly put me back in the hospital! All just to get what I was entitled to!!

Now, they've been paying my council tax arrears into someone else's account and again loads of phone call and a letter of complaint.

They just don't seem to be able to rectify any mistakes they make.

Very, very stressful.

Feeling so ill thinking about this, sunno how gonna get back from there, getting lift there which is expensive.

Anyone done this before, wanna know how long i'll be there for?

Job centre person said they won't make you look for work but letter says will help you look for work, confusing,

This stress made me so ill this week,
    Be glad when it's over but then i'll only have to go back for more interviews,

It's called intraining, I don't need training for anything, I have my job that i'll go back too when im well enough.

Well that was pointless. Had to sit round table with 15 others for an induction, some had to do an english and maths test, but I done one years ago, it was full of people on JSA, I was only one who had mental health problems,.
    Got to take cv in next time and look for jobs, etc,

Why am I in this group? I don't wanna look for job as I have one that I will go back too.

I have been to that place before when I was on JSA, I am not fit enough to take part in this,
    It was not what the JC person told me, they said they'd talk about my anxiety, but all they talked to group about was getting a job.

Maybe I should speak to doctor to discuss this?

Thread Information