Thread: hi anyone chat about aching all over

hi anyone chat about aching all over

hi i have been aching all over for 1 month. do u think i should ignore it and just exercise joints and muscles hurt
    [:I]

Hi Susan
    you can get it checked if that makes you feel easier, do you have any other symptons, try a long hot soak in bath with couple of handfuls of Epsom salts

Hi Susan

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

See if this helps..

Persistent muscle tension, Stiffness, Muscle twitching, Sore or tight scalp or back of the neck

The sensation:

You feel like your muscles are always tight or strained, sometimes to the point of frequent pain, or even persistent and ongoing pain. Some may also find the pain so restricting and debilitating that it prevents physical activity, and sometimes to the point of becoming bed ridden. It's also common to experience pain or cramps in any of the body's muscles.

A particular joint in your body feels unusually stiff and sore, or hard to move. It may even feel arthritic. Sometimes you feel you may be ‘seizing up’.

For no apparent reason, a particular muscle will begin to twitch. This twitching will continue for an unusual amount of time before it stops of its own accord. Sometimes it twitches so long it becomes sore, and may continue on and off for days.

You may feel that your scalp is sore, has shooting pains, or that the back of your neck and head are very tense. Even though there is no apparent reason for this, they continue to.

The reason:

Stress biology causes muscles to contract (tighten) so that the body is more resilient to an attack. The higher the stress biology, the more tense the muscles will be. Some people experience mild tenseness while others may experience great pain, sometimes to the point of immobility. Others experience uncontrollable muscle twitching. It can be one particular muscle over and over again, or it can be a wide variety of muscles. Sometimes the twitching can last for days.
    Regular exercise helps to keep tight muscles relaxed. Some find relief through massage therapy or warm baths.
    As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

[:I] thank u nicola

i had spent all over the summer worrying and obssessing about a problem then i fell down stairs and hurt my coccyx. usual anxiety and tears followed put on sertraline then started to hurt all over could be meds come off now but could be the result of al this anxiety it is all over thank u 4 message

x

Re: hi anyone chat about aching all over

Hi

I found this post from years ago as I been suffering from all over body aches and also twitching

I not sure if Nicola is still admin here but this post is very helpful

I know there has been quite a few posts on twitching and aching all over

Hope this help someone as well as me

I was thinking fibromyalgia even though gp said unlikely

I just struggle to believe stress causes so much xx

Ellie

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Meant to post on health anxiety board .

Re: hi anyone chat about aching all over

Yes I am still here

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information