Thread: endoscopy

endoscopy

Had my endoscopy today at 3.30 and she said it all looked normal,she took biopsies for bacteria and cealiac disease and said i had slight gastritis.What is gastritis?I am pleased everything is ok but wish i knew what was causing me to have backpain and feel so ill.

Re: endoscopy

gastritius is an inflammation of the stomach lining. slight gastritus isn't bad, as i think most people have some mild irritation from time to time. you can treat with over the counter antacids which help a lot.

did they do an ultrasound before the endoscopy? i had back pain and nausea and they found a gallstone. we're still debating whether to take out my gb or not since my symptoms improved.

No i didnt have an ultrasound before it but i would have to ask my doctor for that seperately wouldnt i? I know about 6 yrs ago when i had an ultrasound during pregnancy they said i had a gallstone but nothing was ever mentioned again.I did say to my doctor could that be causing my pain and she said no.Did you have any other symptoms as well as pain in back and nausea?

yeah...a couple of times i woke up in the middle of night with this sharp pain under my right rib. i'd leap out of bed and it would die down but my heart would keep me up all night after that. i don't sleep on my left side anymore...dr said it could have been the stone rolling into the duct and if it gets caught i'd have to have the gb out urgently. hasn't happened in a long time though since i changed how i sleep.

i also have reflux and ibs like symptoms, but dr said that's more anxiety...that gb problems are very specific regardless of what it says on the internet. but dr.s always say that don't they?

my mom had her gb out because she started getting sludge in her gb. she started throwing up everything and got jaundice because her gb wasn't working anymore and bile had built up. that was after a year of symptoms, and it was in the 70's so they didn't have the diagnostic tools they have now.

in the end, they took out her gb and all was well. i'm too chicken to just have it out but they say eventually i'll probably need it done and i should do it now rather than later. anxiety won't let me do it though.

did you ask for an ultrasound separate?I feel like if i go and ask for that after my chest x ray and endoscopy are all ok and my bloods are ok she will probably tell me to sling my hook lol!I have pain in my back,nausea,loose bowels,headaches and tired all the time but doctor thinks its anxiety.

well it certainly could be anxiety, and since that's something you probably know you have, then it's the most likely.

but here in the US the ultrasound is pretty easy to get. it's cheap and they don't usually need pre-approval from insurance companies so they offer that up right away. honestly it's gotta be cheaper than the endoscopy was, and it's non invasive so i don't know what dr. would argue with it. besides, with a gallstone history i have to believe it'd be pretty easy to justify a follow up to make sure he doesn't have friends.

i say ask for one and just see what they say. it's cool. with one test they checked my pancreas, liver, kidneys, gall bladder, and who knows what else. the best way to diagnose anxiety is to rule out everything else first, in my opinion. but i think most of us probably think that way or we wouldn't be on this site.

Thread Information