Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any advice guys

Question any advice guys

went back to my docs today he took me off the propranolol and hes givern me mirtazapine 15mg...not sure what time i should take this as i take citalopram 20mg at midnight as i have done for along time..anyone else on this combo?????

Re: any advice guys

I did this combination for a few months. Both citalopram and mirtazapine work well for me on their own, but taking them together actually made me worse. However there are studies that suggest that the combination is very effective.

As for the time, DEFINATELY at night for your first time. My first 15mg i remember was an incredibly pleasant experience, I had some mild hallucinations as well as an intense feeling of relaxation and absence of any anxiety, and went straight to sleep within 20 minutes of taking it, before waking up and finding I slept for something like 14 hours! Shame the feeling never lasted :( It still makes me sleepy as hell though.

yeah my doctor told me the same thing that people have benefited takeing them both togeather....i just phoned the pharmacy and she said its ok to take them both togeather at the same time.

citalopram has worked well for me on its own for 6 years untill recently family health stuff came about threw me off track...anxiety came back so he put me on this to try cause wasnt sleeping great at night.

thanks for your advice

Hi Sam,

Mirtazipine is surposed to be taken at night as it helps sleep. I have been taking it for a year now, was previously taking citalopram but it stopped working for me. Mirtazipine got my life back for me. I am back down to 15mg after going up to 30mg for a few months and intend to come off it soon.....hopefully!!! You can expect to feel drowsy the following day when first taking it but this will ease after a few days, also watch the hunger pangs as it can make you gain weight as I have too!!! I also take pregabalin which has helped enourmously with my anxiety.

Hope it goes well for you.

Jo.xx

thanks alot for the advice...i was on propranolol 80mg slow release for 12 days but doctor took me off it just wasnt for me felt more anxious onit knowing what it does with the heart and blood pressure....hope i dont get any withdrawal symptoms from it

hi there still feeling anxious wether to take this combo or not spoke to a doc at the hospital last night on phone and he said that they shouldnt be took togeather cause of increased side effects....so as you do you think about it my own doc prescibes these for me and says its ok,so took my citalopram as normal at night had a good sleep without the Mirtazipine so am thinkin maybe do i need this or not ???? dunno what to do for the best its frustrating

ive also read about that serotin syndrome...i shouldnt of really but thats making me think stuff aswell take two anti depressents...god what am i like lol

No chance of the serotonin sydrome Sam. The two anti depressants that you are on work in different ways citalopram is an ssri and mirtazapine is an snri. They affect the brain chemicals in different ways and for the mirt at least you are on a relatively low dose. Mirtazapine is often used as an 'add on' ie to augment or boost other medication. It is good to know about these rarer side effects though. You should be fine. EJ.

been back to my docs today..ive had reasurance today so am just gonna go with it x

thanks for the reply

glad you had the reassurance you needed. EJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information