Thread: So scared of dying

So scared of dying

I'm 52 and have had General anxiety for many years, along with health anxiety (but obviously they didn't have a name 40+ years ago, not were they talked about openly).
    I've had a very stressful few years and am now having to move away from my children and grandchildren for financial reasons. Part of me should be excited; I've been accepted at Nottingham University to study humanistic counselling, but all I can think is that I'm dying.

My current fear is that I have a brain tumour. My mum died very suddenly from a brain tumour 15 years ago. I always believed it was from a broken heart, as my dad died 8 months before her.

I'm very short-sighted, and have been buying cheap contact lenses for six months, and now my left eye feels more blurry.

I am terrified of Drs etc (except mental health), and am now too scared to go to opticians as convinced he'll find anomalies with my eye, like they did with my mum.

I'm supposed to be moving next week, and just keep imagining dying alone, with all my family 200 miles away. So scared.

Re: So scared of dying

Quote Originally Posted by lisa010265 View Post
    I'm 52 and have had General anxiety for many years, along with health anxiety (but obviously they didn't have a name 40+ years ago, not were they talked about openly).

I've had a very stressful few years and am now having to move away from my children and grandchildren for financial reasons. Part of me should be excited; I've been accepted at Nottingham University to study humanistic counselling, but all I can think is that I'm dying.

My current fear is that I have a brain tumour. My mum died very suddenly from a brain tumour 15 years ago. I always believed it was from a broken heart, as my dad died 8 months before her.

I'm very short-sighted, and have been buying cheap contact lenses for six months, and now my left eye feels more blurry.

I am terrified of Drs etc (except mental health), and am now too scared to go to opticians as convinced he'll find anomalies with my eye, like they did with my mum.

I'm supposed to be moving next week, and just keep imagining dying alone, with all my family 200 miles away. So scared.

I can relate to you . I too am terrified to go to even an eye doctor because I am afraid they will "find something". Your left eye is probably blurry because of the cheap contacts . And also at your age (I'm older ) your eyes will get a little worse with time . Your prescription has probably just changed a little .

You are not alone . We are in this anxiety pit together . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: So scared of dying

Hello Lisa
    I'm same age as you and I have it health anxiety for over 30 yrs
    Your eyes do get weaker as you get older try not to worry
    And enjoy your stay in Notts

Thread Information