Thread: Sudden Dizziness from nowhere...anyone else??

Sudden Dizziness from nowhere...anyone else??

Hi Folks,

Just wondered if anyone else suffers from sudden onset of dizziness/lightheadedness that just comes out of nowhere.

I have had this for many years of and on but when it happens (like this morning) it doesn't get any less frightening, and I don't want to run straight to the doctor when it is the same as before to be told "It's anxiety" ....again!!!!

I can be doing anything...anything at all and it will come on.
    I never pass out and never fall over and most people would probably not even be aware it is happening unless it is really bad when I go really pale.

I have just had an MRI of head and neck for neck and head pain which has shown slight degeneration in c6 and c7 vertebrae in my neck but otherwise my brain mri was totally clear and that is all that was reported.

But today out of nowhere...BANG!!! all dizzy and feeling horrible...when the initial burst has passed i am always left feeling tired and lightheaded and sometimes nausious and sometimes it can last for days....any one else???
    And if so was yours diagnosed???

I have been treated for high blood pressure even when it wasn't that high, inner ear problems even when all the test showed nothing and been checked for epilepsy and obviously 2 mri's lumber puncture etc to check for brain issues all clear.

So I know what it isn't which is great.
    What I want to know is what it is!!!

I only feel anxious after the event not before so the dizziness is causing my anxiety and not the other way round although my GP says it is all anxiety related.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HELP!!!!!

Re: Sudden Dizziness from nowhere...anyone else??

its hard to belive the dizzyness and off balance is anxiety

i am suffering from this on and off, right now i am obsessing over a feeling of fullness or pressure in my head, its scarey stuff

however most days, if not every 2nd day someone comes here and posts the same symptoms

its all anxiety!

hi

just wanted to say i no exactly how u feel. i suffer with this and today it just came out the blue, even though i was feeling ok.

I dont pass out or fall over either, and nobody would no i am suffering, well apart from the white face lol

I have got a pain in my ear today so im wondering if this is causing me to feel lite headed.

even hours after it happens i feel awful, lite headed, anxious etc

sorry cant give advice, just wanted to say i no how u feel

mandie x

Red face Re: Sudden Dizziness from nowhere...anyone else??

I can relate to all of this. I hate it too and it frightens me to death. Once I was rushed to hospital because I did collapse and was diagnosed with labyrinthitis. I thought I was having a bloody stroke ! It has happened a lot since and ended up with a gromit in my left ear. It didn't help and has since fallen out anyway! I have a fullness feeling in my left ear and it often aches and head pressure too.i take stemetil sometimes . I think part of the problems I have with anxiety and panic is fear of this happening so I don't go out anymore. Dizzyness is so scary , I feel for you too.

It is always reassuring when you know there are other people with anxiety suffering from the same symptoms.
    I just find it hard to handle when it happens but it always passes.
    Thankfully that only happens now and again.
    I just wish the ectopics would be the same instead of being there constantly but i suppose we can't have everything.

Hiya,
    Has the exact same thing late last night. I had had a blocked ear that was a bit tender that day. The I got up and suddenly felt dizzy. Going to see the doc in a few hours, guess it's ear related

mick

this
    "The I got up and suddenly felt dizzy. Going to see the doc in a few hours, guess it's ear related"

should have read
    "THEN I got up and suddenly felt dizzy. Going to see the doc in a few hours, guess it's ear related"

I'm not having my best day today

mick

Update.
    Doc said it was caused by ear infection. Gave me some ear drops and some Stemetil.
    Said it was the ears causing the dizziness

Thread Information