Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artwork about mental health - for sharing

Artwork about mental health - for sharing

Thought it might be nice to start a thread about any artwork we've seen about mental health.

Artists now publicise their artwork about mental health more broadly than before.
    It's good to see raised awareness of mental health in the media. More artists are now making work about mental illness and it's getting more coverage.

Post these artworks here!
    If you see any photographs, films, artworks, novels, etc about mental illness (anything from anxiety to depression to schizophrenia to anything else), post it here.

Social media
    I like to share links on social media about mental health without being 'out' about my depression and anxiety. Hopefully this raises awareness of mental health to the people around me, so when I do come 'out' about it, maybe it will be better received.

Anything you do post here helps me in my social media initiative and if you use social media too, you can also post links from here on your Facebook/Twitter if you want to.

Artwork #1
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/behold/20...le_living.html

The Secret Dual Lives of People Living With Mental Illness

Re: Artwork about mental health - for sharing

Taken from Marbles by Ellen Forney. I'm reading it at the moment. It's scary reading about all the symptoms I've had and hearing about how shocked she felt to feel the same way - just like me.

Would highly recommend to anyone who has had multiple 'bed days'.

Hi lior, I've got no mental health artwork to show, but just wanted to share a little bit about my son, who is now a successful artist (he produces poster art for Disney movies) but he also likes to indulge in fantasy art as a personnel choice. He suffered a great deal with depression in his 20's...he is now 42, and at this time he started to use art as a way to take him outside of himself. He has never really produced art specifically depicting mental health images, but if I look more deeply into some of his fantasy art now, I can see that there are parts of those early pictures that tell a story about his feelings at that time in his life when his depression was all consuming. I have been lucky never to have suffered from Depression so will never really know what people who have it go through, even those who are close to you.

It's a good thread.
    ISB x

Artwork #4

Taken from a Buzzfeed post: http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/comi...-of-depression
    Here are my other picks from this same post.

(I think I'm going to start using this one as a congratulations image for people on here when they manage to do stuff)

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

DeadManWalking - I thought about pretty much the same thing with that first post. People perceive me very differently from how I am at the moment.

ISB, does your son have any of his early fantasy work online? It sounds really interesting. You must be so proud of him, that he works for Disney.

Hi lior, Disney use alot of freelance artists and my son is just one of them, but he has just designed the poster for their new animated movie called BigHero6 and also the soundtrack CD cover. Also, its probably easier just to log into his fantasy art section on his website 'Andy Fairhurst Art' via Google and all will be revealed

ISB x

And i'm sure there are messages in all of them somewhere

ISB x

This is also from Marbles by Ellen Forney.
    This image is about how people react when you tell them about your mental health.

Copy and paste this to see the image in detail: http://imgur.com/LJY68mu

The middle image made me cry. My boyfriend broke up with me four months ago and I still have some days where I struggle with getting out of bed. If it took a week for that guy to recover, lucky him! Sometimes when I think about my ex, it still feels like I've just been stabbed it's so painful.

www.youtube.com/embed/1Evwgu369Jw

What is the best way to ease someone's pain and suffering? In this beautifully animated RSA Short, Dr Brené Brown reminds us that we can only create a genuine empathic connection if we are brave enough to really get in touch with our own fragilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information