Thread: Major health worries after dodgy bloods!

Major health worries after dodgy bloods!

Hey,
    So a few weeks ago I had done bloods done after feeling dizzy and tired all the time for a few months. I was at hospital before Christmas as I thought I was dieing. The bloods came back and I am deficient in vitamin d and iron so I was prescribed tablets. Anyway I woke up today feeling horrific. I felt sick all yesterday but when I woke up I was aching all over and my throat was all swollen. My tonsils are in a vile state. I'm just feeling really anxious that they missed something in my bloods and just feel like my whole body is shutting down on me. Surely i can't be this ill for just tonsilitis? I feel like I'm going to die and I'm only 21. I'm been having stomach pains aswell and my temperature is high. Someone help please!! :((((

Re: Major health worries after dodgy bloods!

Tonsillitis can definitely cause you to feel so ill. Common symptoms for Tonsillitis include swollen tonsils, sore throat, fever, headache, stomach pain/nausea, etc. It could also possibly be Glandular Fever, but from what you've described Tonsillitis is probably the most likely culprit. It might be worthwhile visiting a doctor to see if antibiotics would help clear up the infection.

It is very unlikely that something was missed in your blood tests. Blood tests are quite sensitive to changes in the body. Certain markers can be raised for something as simple as the common cold. For something more serious, there would almost certainly be very obvious markers in your blood test.

Thread Information