Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Cope with Dizziness Anymore

Can't Cope with Dizziness Anymore

Hi All,
    It's been a little while since I've posted...and today I just need to vent...
    My dizziness has been unbelievably bad over the past few weeks and as much as I try to ignore it, I can't because it's disrupting me so much.
    My head feels as if it's full of cotton wool and I have a constant heavy feeling at the base of my head. My eyes are feeling so strange...tired but also dry and blurry with floaty bits coming across my vision.
    I just don't see how this is anxiety...I'm going through searches on the internet, which I know I shouldn't be doing again anyway but with the hope of finding some sort of explanation. I'm not even allowing it to scare me as I just want an answer.
    Even today, I tried out a 'Stressless' tablet and it relaxed me in the sense that it made me tired (which I hate feeling all the time) but it hasn't taken away my dizziness whatsoever. So if it were bad breathing habits that were causing it, it should have disappeared as I was relaxed.
    I'm at the point again where I feel I must go back to the hospital and start from scratch again to figure out what is causing this. I've had all the major tests done, which I am now accepting were clear...but there must be something else. I just don't understand and to think that this is how I could feel forever doesn't even bear thinking about...I can't cope with it. I feel like crying at any given moment but I have to hold it together and find that sleeping is the only relief from this as that's the only time I can honestly say that I don't feel dizzy.
    I'm so scared to go back to the hospital but maybe I should, I just don't know.
    I'm sorry to go on and on but sometimes writing things down helps...
    Thanks for listening... x

Re: Can't Cope with Dizziness Anymore

Hi Samjay,

When my anxiety was at its highest the dizzyness was my worst symptom and I felt exactly the same way that you describe. I found if I did something to take my mind off of it and not let it control me it used to ease and then go completely.

Please dont search the internet as it will spiral out of control and you will end up thinking you have some awful disease that no one had ever heard of, I have done this myself and ended up in a complete panic over it.

Every time you get the dizzyness just tell yourself its your anxiety and carry on as normal and you will find if it will go away.

Take care

Trac xxx

People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Over the last 7 years dizziness is one I get from time to time too. I either get it when I move my head too quickly, or I get it as constant thing that I am most aware of when out walking.

Sometimes I have felt like I was walking more to one side - I did even go and get my ears checked during one bad bout but no it was good old anxiety!!

I found the more I ignored it the better - like all anxiety symptoms the more you try not to let them scare you the less power they have and then eventually they go!!

Piglet

Hi Trac & Piglet,
    Thank you for your replies, it's always good to know that somebody else has experienced this, gotten through it and that there is hope.
    It's hard for me to see that right now...I get a lot of headaches too with this recently and my migraines have come back again quite badly, having a few episodes a month.
    I'm going to go for a thorough eye test as well, to make myself feel better really as I know that my eyes are so strained...probably from the anxiety...perhaps they can recommend something...maybe that's the cause of the headaches.
    Anyway, I musn't over analyse which I do all too often.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me, I really appreciate it.
    Take care and all the best.
    Sam x

hi, just going through some old posts and found this one, this is exactly how i am feeling at the moment and it is really bothering me, i feel like i am going to fall over, i must admit that when i am busy i do not notice it as much but in general it is always there. I was just wondering whether you were still suffering from this or whether you were now feeling better and if you found anything that helped. love helen

I was like this while out shopping this morning. I didn't fall over, just felt dizzy for a while, for no real reason. I'd be interested to have people's thoughts on this too.

Yep all sounds toooo familiar to me!!! I found it was the first symptom to come and the very last to go, still pops up to annoy me from time to time. Unfortunately you just have to not let it frighten you....... easier said than done I know...........

Luv Pinky

Hi,

I know this sounds stupid and redundant but I just read where you typed exactly how I feel and have felt for quite awhile even my wife feels like you described.You want to know why?

I listen to her complaints although she never seems to hear mine.I have blown it all off to what is actually causing it however it does seem to magnify another condition that I have so I have to worry a little..

Ok .. this is my opinion I could be wrong but its so odd that there are about a billion other people have at this exact moment because they are all complaining about the samething.Its all hayfever and allergies.I promise..I live in a valley in the middle of the US.We are surrounded by
    thousands and thousands of acres of sage brush and trees that give off tons and tons of pollen and spores that cause us to feel exactly what you feel.. Everybody I know is suffering around the country and the world because of the spring condition.Its causes new buds on trees and spores
    and pollens to fly thus your nose mouth and ears sucking them into your sinus cavities,

Well .. some of them are released and go their way but others have a way of logging themselves deep within your ears and behind your eyes and in your nasal areas only to aggrivate the areas that you mentioned to knock your balance off.I have experienced this in a first hand way since I was a child.

When you are anxious this feeling is overwhelming and thus scaring you making you think there is something more serious wrong.I have been posting for almost a year now about hearing my pulse ..I have been told by doctors and nurses and other medical personel that what im hearing can't be treated.

I have even had other people tell me here and other places that I post that allergies and hayfever just makes it even more worse.I woke today and made breakfast and the whole time my pulse thundered in my ears..I mean not subtle but like a bass drum..

OK my initial reaction was to worry that whatever I have is getting worse ,meaning possible bad artery or anyurism or whatever worse case scenario that I could think of..I tried to ignore it but it got to me and made me depressed and depression leads to more worry and so on.

Later i got hungry and started chewing some bacon and bisquit.. I could hear it so well pronounced that well I thought about the same result with what could be a really subtle pulse turned into a monsterous thundering the same way the chewing and breathing in my ears felt.

Now im thinking the allergies and the weather changes back and forth or really wreaking havoc on our heads..Its not just you or me ,its my wife.The most less anxious person in the world and my neighbors and also your neigborhood.I would be wiling to bet you if you go on the weather.com and check your local forcast..Your weather has high humidity right now and also the pollen count is very high..

Just do me a favor and just go there and put your zipcode or placename in the slot and look at your forcast and there close by should be your allergy forcast or what the causes of pollen are and how severe the air quality and the pollen count is.I would be willing to bet you that its pretty bad..

If this is the case then check with your dr or pharmacist.Tell them what type of meds you are on and what type of physical conditions you have and ask them what you can safely take for what is bothering you .Then post me and let me know what you have found out.The feelings of sinus and allergy compiled with anxiety is pretty severe..so in your mind.. just think .. its my allergies causing this and sinuses ..and its not fatal and it will go away .Im just scaring myself right now and there is really nothing to be frightened of.. and well I will be ok.. and then let me know how it goes.. Just hang in there you will be ok..We are all here for you and well we will be ..Good luck and God Bless..Michael

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your replies.

Firstly, to answer your Q Helen, I am still going through the daily dizziness...it hasn't gone away much to my various efforts of trying to shift it. In fact, I am now going through the mental process of what other tests I might need at the hospital! Crazy, I know. Thing is, I think I'm even too scared to go to the hospital although, what I think I should be tested for isn't even scary...pernicious anaemia (a vitamin B12 deficiency). Somebody on the site suggested that maybe it's worth testing for...so I think I will build up the courage and go and get the test done. The thing with me is, I always worry that they might find something else more horrible that is wrong with me. Hmmm, not a good way to think, I know.

I took your suggestion Michael and went onto 'weather.com' to check the humidity where I live (currently in Asia, altho' I'm fr England). Needless to say, I didn't need to be told how humid it is here! LOL! Today the percentage of humidity is 89%! Having said that, I'm mostly in air con all day, so that probably helps, right? Hmmm... I couldn't get an allergy forecast for where I am tho'. I've actually never suffered from allergies...

So, the process will go on to find an answer as, I like a lot of other people on here are all in the same mindframe where we feel there must be an understandable explanation for this dizziness. Or...perhaps not...anxiety is a strange thing, I cannot get my head around it.

I hope that you all feel better soon and if you ever want a chat, feel free to PM me.

Take care,

Sam xxx

Sam,

Im not a doctor although if you are in Asia I suspect its the pollution and allergies.We go back and forth to the south pacific a lot .The Philippines more than anything.I remember two weeks in Manila I was sick and dizzy and just plain miserable.It was the humidity ,but more tha air pollution than anything else.I kept seeing people that were wearing something like surgical mask over the faces and wondered why.I quickly realized that although I grew up in one of the most humid places on earth the humidity in the south pacific has it beat.The allergies there ,now that you have shared this info with my im certain is the culprit.The first time we were in the Philippines I actually broke out with some weird rash from the pollen that was on the balcony wall,where I had put my hands so you can imagaine.

As for going to the doctor..OMG ..I hate it..I get so paranoid and freaked out that my blood pressure is spiking maximum.I don't know why I just can't settle down ..They are even more anxious to get me out of there than I am to be getting out.

I think that its just anxiety and they are fairly sure of it so lets hope it is. .I don't think that doctors and nurses are overly fond of anxious people and they feel like we are wasting there time ,however they do check the basics to make sure that we aren't really in terrible shape..

I don't really know what to tell you other than do what you have to do to feel better..If its going to the doctor to take b12 test then do it,but I would be willing to bet you that its allergies and hay fever and air pollution.You just need to go to any pharmacy there and get a non antihistimine allergy medicine.The sell a good one there that is over the counter that you cant get in other countries..but thats just me.I hate going to the doctor and always get so upset a week or so before I have to go..
    Well please feel free to pm me as im not sure exactly how to do it from here,but I can reply to yours if you feel that you want to pm and talk..Take care and good luck..Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information