Thread: does anyone else seem to get every cold or flu bug going around?

does anyone else seem to get every cold or flu bug going around?

hi, just wondered if anyone else seems to be prone to getting every single cold or flu bug going around?

I got a really bad cold just before the xmas hols, now ive caught a fluey bug.. I feel dreadful and feel so embarassed to tell any family or friends that i feel all fluey again cos they think or say 'blimey you're always ill lately' !

Ive had quite alot of stress to deal with the last couple of months so maybe thats lowered my immunity or something.
    I know its winter time so its that time of year for colds/ flu etc, but i feel people (friends and family ) can lose their patience or understanding of any illness when you suffer from anxiety ,

does anyone know any good tips to strengthen immunity when under stress / anxiety to protect from getting so run down with fluey bugs., exhaustion and mouth ulcers?

thanks for listening,

xx

Re: does anyone else seem to get every cold or flu bug going around?

The only tip I can give you is maybe some vitamin c tablets? They seemed to help me slightly.
    I always get ill though, I do work at manchester airport so I'm around hundreds of people everyday but not everyone catches everything. I think stress doesn't help though, since I've been to the docs about everything though and have got a proper answer I haven't seemed to be ill since. I know what you mean though about everyone saying stuff, my attendance record at work is awful but they don't believe I'm always ill when I am.

Re: does anyone else seem to get every cold or flu bug going around?

thankyou for your reply, yes vit c should help, i think its embarassing enough to get physical symptoms from anxiety so when we do actually get ill like a virus or something, that people dont seem to show much understanding.

Im used to having to be independent as my im on my own with 3 lovely kids but my adult family are hopeless, they've got no understanding for anxiety etc, they arent the types to show any compassion towards illness, which i dont understand as im a caring person so dont understand their hostile attitude and aproach.
    It feels like they are back in the dark ages regarding emotional, mental and physical wellbeing.
    So its such a strain to 'not let on' that anythings wrong to them cos they expect me to be on top form all the time, and its like they're disappointed in me that im ill..!! Which doesnt help to feel that kind of expectation lingering over in the background all the time.

Sorry to hear you have a similar thing with work and having time off, it's so difficult to explain something to people that the eye cant see eh. wow thats amazing that you are working, as i havent quite reached that stage yet xx

Thread Information