Thread: Still getting intrusive thoughts

Red face Still getting intrusive thoughts

Can anybody help I still keep getting intrusive thoughts? I feel they are disturbing and just can't get rid of them.

I mainly have HOCD ones at the moment which seem to have got worse. I feel uncomfortable around anybody of the same sex I just feel very anxious and want to keep a distance it can be on buses or work. I end up getting horrible thoughts and I get embarrassed which causes me anxiety as I worry people think I am into the same sex. I seem to notice people of the same sex more when I am extremely anxious which makes me even more anxious it's just awful. It seems to be a vicious cycle. I just want rid of these awful OCD symptoms and thoughts.

It's just horrible I am straight and just into woman but these horrible thoughts make me somehow believe I accept this or because I have these horrible thoughts they are me? I feel the anxiety has took over me.

I get periods when I am not anxious and my head is clear and I can think about nice woman but the intrusive thoughts have become more regular so it's like a mental block I can't get my head together. I work long hours at work and can't even go a walk to clear my head which normally helps. How can I stop this intrusive thoughts? They seem to have took over and can't even have a clear head I just feel awful and moody.

Can somebody explain this to me? or anybody else suffering similar? I seem to have reassurance and a hour or day or two later I am suffering even more anxiety and it's just a cycle. I feel it's getting me down again and keep getting other horrible thoughts.

I don't get why ones are worse and last longer than others. I refuse to accept these awful thoughts and just want to get on with my life and meet a nice woman.

Question Re: Still getting intrusive thoughts

Anybody? I feel like I will never get a clear head again.

Re: Still getting intrusive thoughts

Sweetie they are just intrusive thoughts, the content is kind of irrelevent.
    I have had very vivid images of what it would be like to be a lesbian but that particular thought is not a fear to me and I know I'm straight so I let it go.

Just because you've had these thoughts it doesn't mean you're gay.

Are you worried about the physical sensations you're feeling after having these thoughts? If you are it's because you're looking for them and trying to find evidence. Of course you will feel something if you're hyper aware of it!

You are not gay if you're into woman, that's it. You're ok hun, deal with the root issue not the symptom, the root cause is anxiety.

You're head will be clear after you leave the doubt behind I promise.

Take care x

Thread Information