Thread: Intrusive thoughts

Intrusive thoughts

Hello,

I have been having intrusive thoughts this happened a year ago and now 3 weeks ago they came back but stronger than before. They make me feel disgusting and feel like I cant move on with my life because the thoughts take over I am getting married in 2 years but I feel like I cant even plan my wedding because I cant see past today

Is there anyone else going through this ?

Re: Intrusive thoughts

I know you've said you are feeling better more recently on your other thread but can you find some reason why this happened? For instance, anxiety raised due to stress with the wedding prep or a scary event?

This board much must 90-99% about intrusive thoughts so lots of people understand.

Don't feed feelings of guilt or disgust, the cycle wants to generate such a negative response to ensure it's survival as it thinks it's protecting you from another scary bear. You need to show it it's not a scary bear, it's a cuddly teddy bear! It can't use positive/neutral responses in these processes, fight or flight wasn't meant for that, so you starve it of the reinforcement but also start to show the subconscious that it can reinstate or build core beliefs around it being non threatening.

Thread Information