Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Swallowing / throat problems / Being strangled!

Re: Swallowing / throat problems / Being strangled!

I get the lump in the throat feeling, I've only had it for approx. a week, I hope it goes away soon =\

Hi

I am having a really bad bout...problem is I have not recognised it as anxiety driven after a horrible visit to the doctor today. She has got me some CBT coaching, looked at my throat and glands...but at the end of the session she said...so do you think you need a camera down your throat? I said I don't know...and she said probably not...but this has freaked me out. What is she basing her decision on...me and my uncertainty of whether the symptoms are real or not. Have been panicked ever since....any help out there?

A big hello and hug to all with this problem,it's clear we are not alone,but thats how we feel when we can't swallow anything,as well as scared,real fear of chocking.Ihave had it on and off for more years than i can remember but over the past 2 or 3 years its become unbearable.Eating out in public is my worse time.I USED TO BE SO HAPPY AND OUTGOING.Now any friends i have left think i'm putting them off as i always look of an excusse not to go out for fear of a meal or food some where at the end of the night(or day),my family too,as i have never told anyone of my fear of choking,i suppose i don't want them to think i'm mad or waek.I should also mention that i have been diabetic for over 25 years i'm 44 years of age ,have 2 teenagers and work from home to avoid going out.I'm also new to computers and this type of comunication but it seems the only way to find out more and comunicate with fellow sufferers.Hope helps someone out there ,if just to make you feel your problems isn't as bad as mine,Who knows.Either way,good luck to us all and hope to hear from some of you.

Hi

I've been experiencing the same symptoms for the past month and I can't seem to get it under control. I've been prescribedPrevacid for acid reflux in hopes that it will take care of it and I've only been taking them for the past week. It seems to get worse every day and i'm having a hard time controlling the panic attacks. I've also been perscribed Ativan for the panic attacks but I'm afraid to take them because I have 2 small kids under the age of 3 and I don't know how they will affect me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to control this?? It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to be home with my kids by myself because I'm afraid something will happen.

Thank you

Jbrace

Brilliant, just brilliant, lol you are so right.

I have come to analise every bloody symptoms and I have come to a conclusion of this lump and choking sensation in the throat. It may just be me but does anyone experience the same when you cry? I rarely cry but when I do I get the very same sensation that horrible feeling of choking, but when I stop crying and calm down so does the feeling?

I maybe talking rubbish, but for me its all about about self diagnosis and never really believing the Doctor when he says its nothing. Maybe this may help?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information