Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: problems with my throat

hi guys. well it does help to read other peoples stories and for a short time it does help but then you go off and do things and gradually those old fears come back. I have had a problem on and off with my throat for nearly 4 months now but now is the worst it has been. I laughed today at work and the sudden pain in my throat was awful...so i thought..'im not allowed to laugh now'.....On saturday i had such a good day. No pain in my throat or chest but then come sunday and its all hurting again. How disappointing.:(
    I have made the mistake of reading about the process when you have an endoscopy...BIG error on my part. I knew that happened but they had very helpfully included stats on people dying during and after and people who had strokes during and after and how you will have to breathe through your nose during one..which is never good for me...GROAN.....
    Kate - I dont feel as though i have any problems with my sinuses. What do you experience?

Hi Ballandalloch,

The problem with my sinuses feels like a tight feeling in my throat (or a heavy feeling) and sometimes I feel like my throat is closing in... I didn't expect to have a sinus problem so it was a bit of a suprise when my doc confirmed Mine was caused by the reflux. I am not sure if it is anything to do with the whole problem as I have been on antibiotics and I still feel the same! Plus I really hate taking meds....

I also had the "globus" feeling but it seems to have faded for the moment (thanks goodness!)

Don't worry about the endoscopy, I know thats easier said then done... but I had mine a while back and it was fine, I didn't feel a thing and slept through. I normally panic at the drop of a hate and was really worried about it but it was really straight forward and you will be in the best possible hands.

Take care and keep me posted about how you get on.

Hi Kate
    Ever since you spoke about sinus problems i have been wondering about mine!!....lol...but i think mine are fine.
    Did you have a general anaesthetic when you had your endoscopy then? I dont think i will have that option. I can either have sedation or some spray to numb the back of my throat.
    So how are you feeling now then? Do you think it is all down to your sinuses? How odd would that be if thats what it was?
    Everybody keeps telling me not to worry as there is nothing wrong with me. Its just anxiety but how REAL do these pains feel eh? My chest and throat hurt so much sometimes that it feels as though on occasions i have a lump in my throat and sometimes something like a fish bone and then the pain seems to radiate out over my chest. I had a massage today so i hope it helps to relax me. What are your main symptoms would you say?
    Bye for now.

I get the sore throat feeling, especially in the evening when anxiety is high.

Hi Ballandalloch,

I only had sedation when I had the endoscopy, and I didn't feel a thing, I was really nervous but they monitor you the whole time and I slept through. I thought it would be rally awful and was so relieved when it was okay.

I am still feeling much the same! I don't think the feelings I am having are from my sinus problem (although in a way wish they were so I could fix it!)

Its true about the pain it does feel so real, my main symptoms are feeling like my throat is congested and like something is stuck down my throat also have lots of saliva and sometimes coughing. I also sometimes get the pains that radiate across my chest. Do you ever have problems catching you breath? I get it a lot and it sends me in to a panic.......

Take care,

Kate

Hi Kate
    I do get times when i have to try and catch my breath. Its not nice i know. Do you ever wonder just when this will all be over? Today i feel really awful. I have had pains in my neck all morning and now my throat seems to hurt more than ever and i just had a sandwich for lunch and it was a real struggle. Normally my throat aches etc but i manage as long as im careful, to eat ok, so this has made me feel terrible and i am heading off to bed for the afternoon as i just cant bear it a moment longer. Im sorry to go on and moan like this! just a bad day. I hope you are having a better one.

Hi Ballandalloch,

I am so sorry you are having a bad day. I know how you feel about wishing it would go away, I feel like I have put my life on hold because of it. It controls everything i do and I can't stop thinking about it.

Don't worry about moaning! its so nice to speak to someone who understands how I feel! I have the same problms trying to eat as well.

I hope you feel better soon.

Kate

Hi Kate
    Well today is another day. Not quite so bad as yesterday thankfully. How has your day been? I wanted to ask you, even though you have had the endoscopy, do you still fear it is cancer and they have missed it or what is it that actually grabs you with fear? It is so nice to drop in daily and see that somebody who knows what i am saying, is replying to me. So thank you. (my name is kate too!)

I have had the swallowing problems since June 2005 so well over a year now. It is bad at the moment cos I am a bit stressed.

I had the camera down the throat and they said it was all clear and the only cure was to ignore it. That was back in February this year and I can't ignore it.

It won't go away and drives me mad and sometimes I get panicky over it.

I never have problems eating so I am sure it is just anxiety but wish it would bugger off lol

Nicola

Hi Ballandalloch,

Funny you are called Kate as well!

My day is pretty average today, I panic more at night for some reason. How are you getting on?

I have had the endoscopy and I do go through stages of being gripped by fear that it is cancer and they will only find out when it is too late! I also think that I have some strange disease which will cause me to suffocate [8D]. I wish I knew how to make it go away.

Nicola, I am sorry you have it as well :( I really hate anxiety!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information