Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random thought pops and music in head

Re: Random thought pops and music in head

Im a 32 year old male and suffer from the exact same issue's. And, I also have an huge fear of developing schizophrenia. I haven't been officially diagnosed with GAD but I know i have it, with some OCD and health anxiety to boot.

As I fall asleep , I also get random sentences/words that pop into my head , which jolts me out of my sleep , thus causing me to have a very poor sleep regiment. I also get music stuck in my head almost every time I awake up, which is odd. And then threw out the day I would get random songs at random times.

All this stresses me out and makes me worry about developing schizophrenia, but I am gald Im not the only one who has these issues.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Raindrops View Post
    At night it's normal sometimes to hear voices. it's a hypnagogic hallucination. Sometimes it sounds like a cafe to me - so many random voices and conversations!
    I know right! It does sound like a crowd talking.

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coudju View Post
    Im a 32 year old male and suffer from the exact same issue's. And, I also have an huge fear of developing schizophrenia. I haven't been officially diagnosed with GAD but I know i have it, with some OCD and health anxiety to boot.

As I fall asleep , I also get random sentences/words that pop into my head , which jolts me out of my sleep , thus causing me to have a very poor sleep regiment. I also get music stuck in my head almost every time I awake up, which is odd. And then threw out the day I would get random songs at random times.

All this stresses me out and makes me worry about developing schizophrenia, but I am gald Im not the only one who has these issues.

I

You will find many people on this forum who have that issue. It is mostly related to anxiety, stress, and OCD.

Check out this article which deals with stuck song syndrome in OCD:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4723199/

I too have the exact same symptoms that multiple people in the thread are talking about. It all started with an overwhelming fear of developing Schizophrenia and has gone on from there and taken many different forms over the last year. The similarities i see between peoples posts are uncanny.

For the last few months its been this issue of waking up in the night, panicking and having all sorts of mumbo jumbo going on in my head when i try to get back to sleep. It sets of a vicious cycle as the harder you try to sleep the worse it gets. I'll have periods where im pretty good for a while but it always seems to come back. Talking in my head but in thought form, nothing audible, odd images etc. I end up so alert that im actively "looking" for these things to happen. It can happen in the day sometimes but only really when im doing something boring that doesnt take any focus like taking a shower for example. It's so hard to overcome

I just wanted to let everyone who follows this thread know that my intrusive thoughts, mind pops and hypnagogic hallucinations have almost completely disappeared, no kidding.

I think it's due to Citalopram which I started about 6 weeks ago and it is slowly starting to kick in. They say it takes about 4-6 weeks to start working. Since Citalopram is known to help with depression and OCD, I am now pretty sure that all these problems have been due to depression/OCD.

Also this forum has helped me so much!!

I feel like my normal old self again.

Hope it's gone for good and not only a good phase. Fingers crossed.

I often get stuck in "dialogs", especially if I have an important meeting next day or random songs. Those two things have cost me a lot of lost sleep.
    As long as what I am thinking has words - just can't fall asleep.
    The only thing that helps is switching focus to non-verbal activity. I try to imagine that I am traveling or something...

Quote Originally Posted by daytona1 View Post
    It can happen in the day sometimes but only really when im doing something boring that doesnt take any focus like taking a shower for example. It's so hard to overcome
    Exactly, me and pretty much everyone here says this. It seems to be about focusing or not focusing. Like our brain going wild when it doesn't have anything to do. Maybe everyone's brain does this and we're just hyperaware of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information