Thread: Medicine OCD (Flonase)

Medicine OCD (Flonase)

I have really bad allergies this year and decided to use flonase. Ive used flonase once last year and it worked. But now, I am having my usual doubts about medicine. Its the fact that its a steroid spray thats freaking me out. My doctor and the pharmacist all told me that flonase is safe because it doesnt enter your system since its designated in your nose. But my mom keeps telling me that the steriod will have long term bad effects on me. My OCD isn't helping because I keep beleiving my mom more that the medical professionals because what she is saying is negative and I feel more inclined to believe negative things because it's safe. I'm worried the flonase will give me cancer or something!! But my allergies are driving me up the wall. Has anyone else used Flonase safely before? Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Megan

Re: Medicine OCD (Flonase)

Both my wife and I have allergies and we take OTC Zyrtec. We were at the doctor's last week and talked about the use of Flonase. Her doctor said to use it when we get breakthrough allergies (works great too!). So that would make another doctor saying it's safe and effective.

Choose to believe medical professionals or your OCD. It's an easy choice IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Medicine OCD (Flonase)

Thank you!

Thread Information