Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im new brown

im new brown

hi im new on here im 31 years old i am married with 2 sons i started having panic attacks after my 2nd son was born he is 6 years old next week, i have been on and off citlopram for the last 5 years, some days im fine and others cant seem to get through the dat without a pain or feeling something is wrong with me, i seem to cope ok then something triggers the panic off and i convince my self i have throat cancer or im going to die, really wish i was just normal.

Re: im new brown

Hi there brown, welcome to nmp. Ive read so many stories about women who had their first panic attack after the birth of a baby...obviously the hormones to blame really with this one, and then of course the anxiety takes over coz you really dont like the panics and fear them happening, so get caught in the loop. If we don't 'unlearn' the fear it just goes on for years in the same loop, and most of us on here are in the same boat in the same storm. How can we retrain ourselves to react to anx in a different way? It takes time and support and thats what the ppl on nmp can give. So now you're not alone with this.

Take care
    Cathy xxx

Hi Brown and welcome.
    I only joined this site a few days ago and I'm very similar to you in that my panic was 'enhanced' after having kids. I definately think mine is hormonal. I think the worry about dying might be made worse because of worrying if someone will look after the kids properly if you die and how they would cope without you.
    You will find some great support in the forums and dont forget you ARE normal, its everyone else who isn't!!

M xx

hi
    its nice to talk to someone who understands, my husband tries but he just cannot understand why im always thinking there is something wrong with me, my nanna died 2 weeks ago from cancer and i think thats what has started it all off again , some days im fine when im at work and busy at home but on an night and when the kids are in bed i can feel the panic starting to creep on me but im nowhere near as bad as i was 5 years ago so thats something i suppose.
    thanks xx

Hi and welcome

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi there,
    Im a newbie too and have found this site very comforting. Again my anxiety was triggered by the birth of my eldest son 8 years ago and I have had relapses on and off over the years. I have just been prescribed Citalopram which I am cautious about taking but am trying to persevere! My other half has no tolerance whatsoever and is of the 'just snap out of it' mode. Thats why its nice to find support on here when you need it.
    You will be ok...x

Hello brown - welcome to you

Plenty of help and support here - we're all in the same boat so you're not alone.

You've come to the right place!

hi brown

im milly

welcome to nmp

look forward to meeting u in chat

xxxxx

Hi Brown and

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

Hi Brown,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will get loads of support and advice here.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information