Thread: Frequent urge to pee!

Frequent urge to pee!

Hi everyone, another problem I am being troubled with lately is frequent need to pee! Had a bout of this 8 months ago and had some tablets which gradually helped. Now its back, I have suffered with bad dizziness lately and just as it was getting a little better, now the wee problem is back. Does anyone else suffer with this. Is it just anxiety or something more serious! I need to go a lot and sometimes immediately after I have been, I try to ignore it becaUse Iknow I can't need to go but its so irritating I can't keep still.

Any experience anyone? Any advice, have I got cancer down there?

Re: Frequent urge to pee!

This could well be just a water infection that needs some antibiotics from the doctor. Probably best to take a wee sample with you (your surgery will probably provide you with containers). If it is a water infection then remember to drink plenty, doesn't stop you wanting to go to the loo (unsurprisingly) but does help to flush the system.

Ali x

Quote Originally Posted by jessieblue View Post
    Hi everyone, another problem I am being troubled with lately is frequent need to pee! Had a bout of this 8 months ago and had some tablets which gradually helped. Now its back, I have suffered with bad dizziness lately and just as it was getting a little better, now the wee problem is back. Does anyone else suffer with this. Is it just anxiety or something more serious! I need to go a lot and sometimes immediately after I have been, I try to ignore it becaUse Iknow I can't need to go but its so irritating I can't keep still.

Any experience anyone? Any advice, have I got cancer down there?

Hi,

I have had this lots of times and it was always down to anxiety.
    I could go the toilet, zip up and I would want it again streight after etc.

Red

Hi thanks for the replies. I started off being convinced it was a water infection, but had many many urine tests done and all were clear. Then they said it could be interstitial cystitis, which terrified me! It hasn't bothered me for 6 months at all and suddenly its back and I am getting really stressed over it. I know it won't be an infection, I recognise the symptoms. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Red, I just pm'd you about this. I have a feeling my mind may just be focussing on it and making it seem more exaggerated, but how can you be sure? Thats the problem isn't it, your mind focuses on that doubt and away it goes! Red, do you get like an irritated feeling when you feel you need to go, like you can't keep still and you may pee yourself, but never do? I wonder if this is just because I am concentrating on it so much?

Yep.

last week i was weeing all day, every half hour, i do drink a lot, always have but when im really anxious there i go. My mate at work laughs at me as we always have to do a stop at Mcdonalds when were out and about!

this week im not so anxious(well trying to tell myself that) and am not on the loo as often.

i do think its worth asking the surgery to dip your urine as you may have an infection which is easily treated, but my bet is its your anxiety, i think this is quite common.

jools

Thread Information