Thread: sick of anxiety

sick of anxiety

Hi Everyone

ive suffered with health anxiety for about 4 years now, i dont recall why it started as i felt 'normal' before all of this as im sure we all did at one time!
    i guess i have always been a bit of a worrier but never more so than when i think about having a heart attack, which i do reguarly seeing as one of my worst symptoms is chest pain.
    Its reached a point where i am happy if i get other anxiety symptoms, which used to scare me, id rather these anyday over the chest pains, these i just cant cope with at times, but like all of us i just try to get on with it and take each day as it comes, its just that some days are worse than others.
    I have a muscle on the right side of my chest which i must have pulled somehow over a year ago now, suddenly, usually when i am abit tense, the muscle will become so sore, i take painkillers to try and releive it abit and i use bachs rescue remedy alot. i have spoken to my doctor about it as it really worries me at times, but more than that, it really is painful and i would hate to think that im stuck with it for life but also i dont know what could be done to sort it out either!the doc always assures me that it is a tensed muscle and when my anxiety kicks in, i tense myself up with starts to make the muscle sore.
    I also wanted to add a very strange thing i think, is that alot of people around me are ill at the moment, colds and flu and bugs going around, and (touch wood) dare i say that i NEVER catch anything!its really weird for someone who suffers with health anxiety, i am actually never ill like that at all, ive probabaly had 2 sniffles in the last 4-5 years which i know means i am very lucky!

Re: sick of anxiety

Hi.i have also suffered with ha for 4yrs now!!i am the same as u.i get alot of chest pains and head pains.so to me i have a bad heart and a brain tumour!!i hate anyone around me bein ill.my daughter has had a real bad chest infection and i had to keep away cause im petrified of pickin bugs up!!i wash my hands constantly!

Re: sick of anxiety

yeh there does seem to be alot of sickness going around later which is worrying. when my fiance was ill the other week i really thought that i would be too, but luckily i didnt catch it from him, i did have my antibacterial hand wash to hand alot though so maybe that helped.
    what type of chest pain do you suffer from?
    just lately, i seem to be getting really uncomfortable after i eat, i know this us just probably down to eating too much over xmas, probably more than i normally would, but its not very nice, like ive really stuffed myself even when i havent, and i get alot of digestive discomort like just underneath my ribs.

Thread Information