Thread: Top of head

Top of head

I can feel pulses at the top of my head?

Re: Top of head

So can I.
    panic52, you definately have a phobia of things to do with your head. You have a definate health anxiety. Take that as reassurance, because it means there is nothing wrong with you but you are blowing things out of proportion.
    Focusing on the individual things you can feel in your head will not help you. Its time to accept you fears and start to work on reducing them. Is there something that triggered this fear? A past trauma? Maybe a therapist or counsellor can help you.
    I know you banged your head last year, but it has not injured you in any way. You are still alive. If you are still concerned, see a doctor, and if they say you are fine then you are fine. Doctors do not take chances. They are 99.9% right.
    Stress and anxiety cause headaches and if you focus on little niggles and pains in that way, you will notice them much more.

Try this: its a mantra. A saying you repeat over and over that makes you feel better. It pushes out the negetive thoughts. When you start to worry about your head, tell yourself: "my head is normal. I am fit and healthy. I can do anything" Or make something up like that because I just made that up on the spur of the moment so its crap. Repeat it over and over until you feel a bit better, then focus on doing something positive like doing some cleaning or going out a bit. Keep distracted and you won't notice things wrong with you.
    Make that change panic52!
    You can do it! Good luck!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

THANK YOU FOR THAT I WILL TRY IM SORRY FOR BEING A PAIN ? ITS JUST I GET SO SCARED ITS UN BELEIVABLE DOC GAVE ME CIPRALEX BUT HAVE NOT TAKEN IT YET I HAVE GOT DIAZEPAM TOO BUT TAKEN THAT SICE LAST MONDAY EITHER I DONT WANT TO TAKE IT ? I WANT TO TRY AND GET BETTER MY SELF I KNOW THAT IS STUPID I HAVE TURNED TO DRINK TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER BUT I START MY WORK AGAIN TOMOROW AND IM A CHARGEHAND AND I CANT AFFORD TO DRINK WHEN I AM WORKING ? AS I AM LOOKING AFTER PEOPLE / AND I NEED TO HAVE MY WITS ABOUT ME ? MAYBE MY WORK WILL TAKE MY MIND OF IT ? SORRY FOR WTTERING ON I KNOW YOU MUST BE BORED WITH ME I HAVE APPT FOR DOC 1 WEEK ON WED I HOPE I CAN LAST TILL THEN ? XX SORRY XX

Panic52, i have a phobia of things to do with my head and feel lots of weird pains/tingles/zaps/ etc. its scary but it wont harm us i know its hard to think the best because i feel the same. But try what Pancho says. I went for a hot bath and feel so much better distraction works. good luck.

and your not being a pain

also speak to your doc about therapy to help you if you think that will help you.

There are pulses all over your body hunny, its normal. Try and stay away from the drink, or at least cut down. You say its becoming something to "rely" on, thats a worry. Trust me, Ive been there. Take your normal meds, be gentle on yourself, and learn relaxation/breathing techniques. It will help you to look after yourself. x

Quote Originally Posted by panic52 View Post
    THANK YOU FOR THAT I WILL TRY IM SORRY FOR BEING A PAIN ? ITS JUST I GET SO SCARED ITS UN BELEIVABLE DOC GAVE ME CIPRALEX BUT HAVE NOT TAKEN IT YET I HAVE GOT DIAZEPAM TOO BUT TAKEN THAT SICE LAST MONDAY EITHER I DONT WANT TO TAKE IT ? I WANT TO TRY AND GET BETTER MY SELF I KNOW THAT IS STUPID I HAVE TURNED TO DRINK TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER BUT I START MY WORK AGAIN TOMOROW AND IM A CHARGEHAND AND I CANT AFFORD TO DRINK WHEN I AM WORKING ? AS I AM LOOKING AFTER PEOPLE / AND I NEED TO HAVE MY WITS ABOUT ME ? MAYBE MY WORK WILL TAKE MY MIND OF IT ? SORRY FOR WTTERING ON I KNOW YOU MUST BE BORED WITH ME I HAVE APPT FOR DOC 1 WEEK ON WED I HOPE I CAN LAST TILL THEN ? XX SORRY XX
    You are not being a pain! You need some help and we are here for you, but I think you need to get the root of your fear! Once you know what it is that worries you, you can work on helping yourself.
    Glad you have a doctors appointment that should put your mind at ease. And as you say, yes your work will make you feel much better.
    Sorry you feel so bad at the moment, I didn't want to make you feel worse. Why don't you want to try the medication? Is it giving you side effects? It would be better than alcohol.
    You will feel better soon panic52, just have confidence xxxxx
    And you are NOT a pain

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

And try the mantra, it works for me.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information