Thread: scary palpitations are driving me crazy

Unhappy scary palpitations are driving me crazy

Hello everyone, so I have been quite stressed about my health the past few months but now the symptoms are driving me crazy. This all started to get worse one day when my arms started to tingle for few minutes and at the time I paid no attention to it but then the next day they started to tingle again and I googled the symptoms then found articles saying it might be related to heart issue or stroke and I almost fainted after having a panic attack. Fast forward few weeks, the issue started to get worse with the palpitations and I went to ER and they did radiology (something like that) and EKG and sent me home saying everything is fine.

A few weeks ago I was playing soccer and when I started to run faster, my heart literally was racing and pounding like never before and kind of felt like jittery or weak and I had to quit cos I just knew something was wrong. So I go to ER again and tell them what happened, they took x-ray and did EKG again and said there was nothing wrong and told me to be seen by a regular doctor. The most annoying thing about this is that I can't see a regular doctor like for a month due to scheduling and I can only go to one hospital due to insurance, so my stress level has been through the roof because of that and going to ER is basically useless right now as they keep telling me the same thing.

This past week the palpitations have been occurring more often and the scariest thing is that my usual resting heartbeat used to be around 65 but it jumped to 90+ like 3 days ago and it is still the same. When I am trying to sleep sometimes, I take this deep involuntary breath and it's scary. it's not shortness of breath but occurs out of nowhere just for a second. I'm feeling pulse all over my body and the pulse is just as fast as my heartbeat and also I can clearly see my pulse in my stomach (they told me it was nothing to worry about during ER visit)

I feel like my heart is trying to jump out of my chest and lately, I have been also feeling dizzy a bit but the 90+ bpm heartbeat has worried me more now and the pulse on my legs and arms is scary too. My chest also feels tight but burping eases it and I am yawning a lot for some reason. I'm not worried about dying young (I'm just 22M @130lbs) but what worries me the most is going unconscious (ultimate fear) due to complications. Sorry about the long post but does anyone else have such symptoms? My appointment is on the 26th of June and I'm all stressed out.

Re: scary palpitations are driving me crazy

The vast majority of anxiety sufferers experience similar symptoms.

Being anxious by itself can elevate your heart rate for prolonged periods of time.

You say you've been stressed about your health for a while, and that your scheduling means you can't see your Doctor for about a month? Sounds to me like you have a lot on your plate.

Stress is one of the main precursors to anxiety.

Thread Information