Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am crazy!

I am crazy!

Hi! I'm new to this forum in particular (I've been on and off the Citalopram forum over the past year or so). I am a fellow anxious person. I've been on Citalopram for over a year now, and have overall been better, save for a few setbacks.

Of course, I'm relapsing again. So I figured this time I would find a therapist. I have an appointment mostly (still waiting on confirmation) for next Tuesday.

The problem? I am so worried about explaining why I'm relapsing and crying. I know that's insane- if I cry, I cry. But why is it such a big worry? Is it just because it will be my first time meeting this therapist, and I don't want to make a ridiculous impression?

The other problem? I'm so worried therapy won't work. I feel like she'll tell me things I already know (the thoughts are all in your head; stop assuming the worst, practice breathing techniques), and I'll just be in this state of mind forever.

Has anyone benefited from therapy for anxiety? Orrrr has anyone ever cried during their first session?

Re: I am crazy!

Oh hell yeah, I cried at all of my therapy sessions! That's why my therapist has a box of tissues next to the chair.

I have benefited from my therapy sessions, you have to challenge your thinking, yes it takes breathing, yes these thoughts are in my head, (where else would they be?) Assume the worse? I can't predict the future, and neither can you.

I feel that we can heal ourselves, it takes work, practice and patience.

We can get better! Oh, and I am not on any medication.

Hi dani,

I'm just starting the theraphy, but I second what snowghost said. They always have a box of tissues nearby, and it's for a reason. :-)

I'm absolutely convinced that the theraphist won't think you are ridiculous. It's not a job interview and you don't need to impress anyone. :-) The theraphist is there to help you, and the more honest and open you are the better for you.

If the situation bothers you so much maybe you could start with telling the theraphist exactly what you told us?

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danithegirl View Post
    Hi! I'm new to this forum in particular (I've been on and off the Citalopram forum over the past year or so). I am a fellow anxious person. I've been on Citalopram for over a year now, and have overall been better, save for a few setbacks.

Of course, I'm relapsing again. So I figured this time I would find a therapist. I have an appointment mostly (still waiting on confirmation) for next Tuesday.

The problem? I am so worried about explaining why I'm relapsing and crying. I know that's insane- if I cry, I cry. But why is it such a big worry? Is it just because it will be my first time meeting this therapist, and I don't want to make a ridiculous impression?

The other problem? I'm so worried therapy won't work. I feel like she'll tell me things I already know (the thoughts are all in your head; stop assuming the worst, practice breathing techniques), and I'll just be in this state of mind forever.

Has anyone benefited from therapy for anxiety? Orrrr has anyone ever cried during their first session?
    i have a mental health nurse visit me once a fortnight, i cry near on every time she come,s dont worry they seen it all before, how else do you release

I appreciate the responses! I was actually having an attack this morning, and I called my husband and he literally said "So when you start seeing your therapist- and you're definitely gonna cry....." I had to laugh at that.

You're right, crying helps. And if, in the off chance, she thinks it's weird, then she's not the one for me, right?

My therapist said that women cry due to the fact it releases stress. Men? They just punch something!

My husband is exactly like that! I'm the crier, he's the angry one.

I appreciate the responses! I was actually having an attack this morning, and I called my husband and he literally said "So when you start seeing your therapist- and you're definitely gonna cry....." I had to laugh at that.

You're right, crying helps. And if, in the off chance, she thinks it's weird, then she's not the one for me, right?

Yes. :-) But I could bet my monthly salary that she/he won't think that.

My theraphist said she's glad when people cry during a session. Not because she's sadistic :-P but simply because with crying the tension and the frustration is let out. And as with some other things, it's better out then in. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Yes. :-) But I could bet my monthly salary that she/he won't think that.

My theraphist said she's glad when people cry during a session. Not because she's sadistic :-P but simply because with crying the tension and the frustration is let out. And as with some other things, it's better out then in. ;-)

I can totally get that. I've had some insane breakdowns the past few days, and even though in that moment I don't feel great at all, AND even right after I may still feel awful, but maybe within the hour I'm feeling just a little bit better.

Therapy starts tomorrow, wish me luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information