Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Athlete with healthy heart and frequent PVC's

Re: Athlete with healthy heart and frequent PVC's

Between the age of 20-25 I did a lot of running and training for races. I had PACs/PVCs every time I ran. I remember once I had them constantly for about a mile. I was convinced I was going to die. I stopped to drink water and told my running partner I was just taking a quick rest. I realised they were normal, and were not causing me any harm. They were annoying and off putting but I got through the race fine.

After that I just ignored them when running. If I get the forceful ones they can be a bit horrible to deal with but aside from that all is well.

Had them for 15 years. Had them with exercise. Without exercise. They just happen and I live with them.

Just wanted to let you know I've been in your shoes.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Athlete with healthy heart and frequent PVC's

Thanks! Yes, I got cleared finally from the cardiologist/electrophysiologist that all is well and I can go back to running. IF I had any heart enlargement or valve issues it would have been a little different story but I'm okay to ignore them and carry on. If any other athletes find this forum here is my full story: timbarr.blogspot.com/2017/06/an-excited-heart.html

It is ALWAYS a good idea to get checked out by a professional. I spent way too much time trying to find information on line, and you can scare yourself silly. Best to go through all the tests and see what the issue is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information