Thread: Confused by my anxiety

Confused by my anxiety

So i've been having a rough time with my anxiety lately, things have been piling up and stressing me out.

I'm hoping some of you can help enlighten me on what this might be. I keep spacing out an awful lot, it's very bizarre i feel like my vision goes a bit blurry and fuzzy while i'm just staring out at nothing. I've also just started feeling incredibly trapped in my own house, i've gone out to different places to try and shake the feeling but it doesn't work. It feels horrible because my girlfriend likes to stay in and watch films sometimes but when i think about being in my house for a night i just begin to feel claustrophobic and trapped. I do get out to work a few times a week in the town near me but even that's feeling very samey and it's starting to depress me. Can anyone help?

Re: Confused by my anxiety

There are a lot of good threads on the GAD board that offer suggestions. You can see a therapist if you would like. We can learn to challenge our stinking thinking, it takes work. There are apps for cell phones and plenty of web sites.

Anxiety can be especially tough when things are piling up in life. I think the best approach is to tackle your problems one at a time so you don't overwhelmed trying to do everything at once. Maybe make a list of things that are giving you headache and decide on how and when to do them. Something orderly can give you more control and, as fewer things are bothering you, the less anxiety you'll have.

Perhaps you could start chipping away at the problems that have piled up and caused you to feel so overwhelmed and stressed out. Getting some things out of the way and working towards finding a solution to them is proactive and will give your mind something (other than anxiety) to focus on.

As for the feeling of being trapped, I can relate all too well. My only advice would be to try and rationalise what or who is making you feel like a prisoner at your own home. Getting out as much as possible will only ease the bad feelings without necessarily making the problem go away. In my opinion, certain changes need to be made in order for you to feel comfortable on a day-to-day basis.

Thread Information