Thread: Changing Antidepressants

Changing Antidepressants

Hi All

I've always had eventual success with each AD i've taken....although it has taken a good few months, with blips all over the place. I'm on seroxat at the moment and it's really up and down for a long time. I was wondering if anyone had limited success on one AD and changed to one with good success. I've never actually changed ADs before i've always stuck with the one i was on, but don't know if it worth sticking with serox. I'm nearly 3 months into it and still blipping.

Thanks
    Love and Hugs
    Bexie

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Changing Antidepressants

I've been on loads of ADs and found that they've all affected me in different ways. I'm fed up of changing now and I've stuck to sertraline with some success. I was on Seroxat too as you know and was fine until it stopped working.

It's a hard one to judge and you're the best person to know really, but I would have thought that after 3 months you should have felt an overall improvement, even if you still get blips. Maybe you need a different class of AD like SNRIs venlafaxine or mirtazapine. I think you need to see your doctor and discuss all your options.

Personally, I would think of changing my AD if after 3 months I felt there was NO benefit or it was making me worse. I feel for you because I know how much you've suffered but I'd hate for you to change to something else and feel even worse. But it's a risk we take with all these meds.

I hope you sort things out and feel better soon.

Hugs

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information