Thread: no breath

no breath

Hi all.

I have been having this feeling that I'm short of breath and I feel the need to take really deep breaths in. It seems to coincide with the need to yawn all the time....I mean like hundreds of times a day. It's making me start to worry about my heart and lungs etc. Does anyone have any advise or suffer same???

Cheers

Hi..
    This is completely normal. I have this ALL the time and sadly goes hand in hand with anxiety.

Sarah

Yes, I'm exactly the same. When I'm anxious I can't seem to take a deep breath. Exercises do help (breathing ones that is) and a little walking or other aerobic exercises is great too.

Jo

I've been having that problem lately, too, and it's new for me. I'm so glad I read these posts, so thanks for asking that question! And thank you guys for responding and resting our oxygen-deprived minds .
    Best to all,
    Lara

Shortness of breath
    The sensation:
    You feel that your breathing is forced and laboured. You become conscious of how you are breathing and you have a hard time catching your breath. It seems like you have to force yourself to breathe, in fear that if you don't, you'll stop breathing and die. Or, for no apparent reason, you feel out of breath and find yourself doing an unusual amount of yawning in an attempt to catch your breath.
    The reason:
    When stress biology changes the body, it quickens the breathing and respiration so that the individual is ready for immediate action. Unfortunately, this also means that the breathing becomes shallow in nature (unless we are physically exerting the body such as running, fighting, swimming, etc.) which results in the body not getting enough oxygen. That’s why we feel out of breath. This is a natural occurring biological outcome resulting from stress biology.
    Sometimes this symptom will be persistent from day to day, and other times it may appear for awhile, then disappear. Both are common. Once the nervous system calms down, you breathing will return to normal.
    Also, because breathing is an automatic bodily function, you’ll never have to worry about not breathing. Your body does it automatically. It may be shallow, but you’ll always get enough oxygen.
    Regular exercise helps to maintain regular breathing patterns.
    As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

I have this problem a lot too and tend to hyperventilate which means I force myself to take deep breaths which make me panic when I cant and then I get dizzzy and feel faint and yawn all the time but when you relax and drop your shoulders you find it eventually goes back to normal!! Love wenjoy x

Thread Information