Thread: Taking Zoloft a Long Time - Physical Issues, Stomach, Liver Tox., Sleep -

Taking Zoloft a Long Time - Physical Issues, Stomach, Liver Tox., Sleep -

Hi,

I'm new here. I've taken Zoloft 200mg for a long long time and it has helped my very severe chronic clinical depression totally. It has also eased my anxiety. I do take Ativan (Lorazepam) when the anxiety gets bad.

However, I developed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 17 years ago. I have stomach issues (upset stomach often), can't sleep at night (only day), liver isn't in great shape (per kinesiologist), Leaky Gut. Low Energy, often weak.

I don't think ALL of this is due to Zoloft, but I have a feeling, due to feedback from holistic practitioners, that Drugs like Zoloft truly mess up our bodies. BUT there is no way I can trade in a calm stomach for severe ongoing hellish depression.

HELP!!

Have people been able to find a way to continue with their meds, mine Zoloft, and minimize the physical issues? No way I can get off Zoloft and risk the return of what was a truly hellish severe ongoing depression and anxiety.

Thanks so much
    deebeee

Re: Taking Zoloft a Long Time - Physical Issues, Stomach, Liver Tox., Sleep -

How about trying to counterbalance these issues with natural methods? So, could you take something to help with the liver that doesn't clash with your meds? Can you use supplements that settle the stomach?

Is the insomnia being caused by anxiety or depression or something else?

Thread Information