Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blowing my mind

blowing my mind

Ok, so I've still not realised why I'm writing on here, but I just guess some support would be pretty useful at the moment...I'm 18 and my heads pretty mashed up right now. I know I have anxiety which I guess is a gd start, but it's proving to be impossible to shake it off. It basically came on overnight, I'm pretty sure that some dodgy drugs have triggered it...but it's like my whole life has changed overnight. I don't even know what I'm scared of but I have this constant fear and it builds up to panic attacks and I guess you all know what they're like. I can handle the attacks because they're momentary, but I'm having probs coping with the anxiety. At first I thought I was going to drop down dead, then I thought I'd gone crazy, now I think wierd stuff like that the whole world is a figment of my imagination or that maybe I am already dead and this is some strange after life. I either feel trapped inside my mind and in the world or I feel like I'm not in my body and someone else is controlling my actions/thoughts etc. I'm pretty scared that I'm going to lose control of my mind completely. It's like I'm hallucinating (I'm not seeing things but my minds tryin 2 convince me that I am) and wierd things are terrifying me. The dizziness is very intense, my mind blacks out because evrything feels like its spinning. I've gone from having the most fun and carefree life to this s**t.
    I have been to the doctors (where I insisted that I was dying) but they wont put me on medication because its addictive/side effects blah de blah. So they've referred me to a counsellor, problem is that I havent got an appointment for another 2 weeks so I'm not sure how to cope in the meantime.
    anyway enough of me moaning, would be gd to hear back from some of you x

hiya

sorry to hear about u having a tough time

many peeps hear have anxiety like u ie me

i hate going to school due to the amount of verbal abusment i get and i worried if it will turn pysical

hope ur ok and welcome to the site

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Hi,

Welcome to the site, sorry you're having such a hard time due to all the symptoms.

Drugs can certainly bring this on overnight. The good news is that it will get better , the bad news is that it won't go as instantaneously as it came.

Feeling like you're losing your mind , dropping down dead is extremely common and doesn't ever happen from panic or anxiety .

The feeling of being unreal is depersonalization / derealization is also extremely common and passes as you detox and calm down. Its thought to be a protective mechanism.

Initially the best thing you can do for yourself is to get as much quiet time and rest as possible and get some Vit B complex supplements along with plenty of water and a good balanced diet.

If you can stop the drugs that would be good too but if you're a very heavy user you may need to wean down if you can .

Finding a relaxation CD and playing it several times a day with practicing breathing exercises will help but you may be in freefall for a couple of days and it just has to run its course.

It will get better and you will get over it without going mad or dying ...

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Grey Dove and Welcome !

I'm sorry you are not 100% at the moment.

The good news is that you can help your feel better by trying to stay as calm as possible, relaxing and trying to keep yourself busy.

I agree with Meg there is no overnight cure and it will take time.

Hang in there hun and let us know how you get on.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hello,

Welcome to the site!! Sorry to hear that you are going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. I know what you mean when you say that you think you are dying or that this is all a strange afterworld. I have had that feeling as well. It will go away though once you learn how to deal with the anxiety a bit better. I'm sure that the counsellor can help you with that. Shame your appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. Let us know how you get on, ok?

Sarah

Hi there, Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time at the moment. I can relate to all the symtoms you mentioned and feeling as if you are going mad.

It will get better but it will take time so try to relax and be patient.

I am sure your councillor will be able to help you out no end, as will reading the information provided on this site.

Take care,

Sue

Thanks for all your support...2day has been a particularly bad day that I can't really explain. I'm guessing that it's drink triggered 2 day as I had "good days" on thurs, fri and sat so decided 2 celebrate the feeling of relief whilst it lasted! but surprise surprise it's back and yet again I'm convinced that someone has taken control of my mind. (this feeling starts me off worrying "what if" and in particular I worry "what if I've lost control of my mind and try to kill myself because someone else is controlling what I do" does anyone else get this?) but I guess that's just anotha way of expressing a fear of death...or maybe I'm scared of myself and what I'm becoming.
    I couldnt sleep last nite as I kept thinkin that I was hallucinating and just before I'd fall asleep I'd jolt up because it felt like the world was falling away underneath me.
    Anxiety is doing wierd stuff to me...it's like my mind is obsessed with being anxious...today I'm finding it hard to even sit down and watch the TV. Fiddling with my hair has become my new hobby! (i reccomend dreadlocks to anyone with anxiety :-P)
    bring on the gd days!
    xpx

PS...this site is pretty awesome and has helped get me through day. thnx :-)

Drink does that time and time again .

You might want to consider become completely detoxed for a month ish to really help yourself heal faster .

Glad we're helping

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi and welcome

Those feelings of "Not being yourself" are horrid aren't they. I always described it as "looking down on someone else living my life" and I used to say I was existing not living!

Go easy on the alcohol till you feel a little better as it is a known cause of anxiety/panic symptoms.

The counselling will be great for you as it makes sense of all the weird stuff going on.

I hope you get loads of advice and support on here.

Nicola

yerrr, it's strange I never thought I'd see the day where I look forward to counselling more than beer therapy! anyway, 2day is a gd day...I've gotta cope with goin to a football match 2 nite without gettin a PA! shud b interesting especially with a few beers down me!! ....then I'm hitting my local rock/indie club on thurs nite so things r lookin pretty gd 2day.
    long may it last
    xpx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information