Thread: Burning in back

Burning in back

For the past month and a half, I've been having this weird warm/burning feeling in my upper back and neck. I originally worried it could be from my stomach, like GERD, but now I'm not so sure. I'm scheduled to go in for an MRI sometime this month for my head, neck (which I usually get yearly for something unrelated), but now my mid back as well. I'm freaking out that I could have some sort of tumor in my spine. The feeling isn't really that bad, but it's been consistent all this time. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Re: Burning in back

I get this too closer to the right up close to the shoulder blade. Sometimes it feels like a tingly/numb sensation then it burns. I'm hoping it's just nerve related.

I get this but its worse when active therefore I think its posture or muscle related...

Late reply, sorry, but mine just seems to be constant. I keep pressing my back to see if I feel anything, but that doesn't really work. I'm extremely thin, so I feel like maybe one of the doctor's that checked me would've noticed anything wrong with my back? I keep hoping it's something minor, but I've been freaking out about it, which hasn't helped. I don't work out much and I don't do much physical labor, so I have no idea what could be wrong

Hello,just wondering how your back is? I have had this for 8 months and i have an MRI booked in next week. I have a chiropractor and physio that have told me i have a torn ligament in my shoulder but i am still worried because it isnt healing. I know worrying and stress does make it feel alot worse :(

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgilby569 View Post
    Hello,just wondering how your back is? I have had this for 8 months and i have an MRI booked in next week. I have a chiropractor and physio that have told me i have a torn ligament in my shoulder but i am still worried because it isnt healing. I know worrying and stress does make it feel alot worse :(
    Hello. My back is basically the same as it's been. I've been a little less worried, as it seems to not have gotten any worse, and generally the terrible things would probably get worse. It also seems to only bother a lot when I'm lying down. That being said, I still am kind of anxious to know what's wrong, if anything at all.

I'm sorry you've been going through some of the same, and I hope your scans turn out alright

Hello,

Thank you for replying

I find that if I get up in the morning and move about it's not as bad. I am having acupuncture this week and reflexology which is quite popular over here. Back is costing me a fortune because we have to pay private

I will have to let you know how I get on with them two... hopefully it will work!

Having stress doesn't help I noticed it's not as bad but what worries me is it sometimes restricts my breathing the doctor does seemed worried about that though.

I hope you all manage to get yourself back to normal soon x

Thread Information