Thread: Sick with anxiety

Sick with anxiety

Hi,

i'm struggling really badly at the moment with my anxieties. Most mornings i wake up feeling so sick and shakey, some days i am actually sick Its goes off as the day goes on, but if ive been sick my stomach is so sore all day.
    My doctor just says its anxiety and the fear of another day. Its really getting me down.
    I'm sure i'm not alone on this one and although i'd hate to think of anyone else feeling like this - it helps to know its just not you.
    I've read about indigestion etc but not actually being sick?

anx x

Re: Sick with anxiety

Hi Anx,

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling hun, I know how scary this can be, when you are being sick, (vomitimg) its not nice at all. Your tummy will hurt because as we are sick we reanch musculs.

The being sick (vomting) was my daughters main symptoms with pa, anxiety, I will not go into to much detail, it may contain triggers, but she vomited for a long time. It is a symptoms of anxiety but not one of the common one's.

My daughters pa's, anxiety started at the age of 3 years, she is nearly 14 now and apart from here blip last year she is doing very well. NO, pa's, no anxiety,She has NOT been sick (vomited,) in a long time, mmm can't remember the last time it happened, hay thats great, is'nt it ?that symptom did go in time.

The therapist said when my daugter was 6 that her pa's, anxiety, where mostly in her tummy, she said that her tummy would fill with wind and gasses, this caused reflux, which in turn would make her feel sick, then she would vomit.

Not sure if I've been of any help, but you are not alone, anxiety symptoms are strange arn't they?

You take care hun

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi Anx,

when I first became 'ill' this time, I was going into my work and being physically sick with fear of having to do a days shift. I used to go to work an hour early, so that I could go to the bathroom to be sick and get myself together!
    I would be sick with fear of taking my kids to school and nursery, I would be sick with fear of going to the docs! I once asked the doc if she could excuse me whilst I ran to the bathroom as I didn't want to be sick in her room!
    thankfully the sickness is all behind me. I occassionally retch but that is all.
    I put it down to the body being confused. You are anxious, as a result you may have a slightly raised temperature, adrenalin is coursing round your body, you are sweating etc etc. The body thinks it is sick.

As for the doc saying it is just anx, there is nothing 'just' about it hunny. It is debilitating, uncomfortable and scary. try going back to your doc (or another one) and ask for some help.

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Haven't had this for years, but it was a feature of my anxiety when I was at school. I suppose as a child, I couldn't say what I was afraid of and so my body did this to get out of going to school. I know what it feels like, it's horrible. Have you tried to identify exactly what your fears are? This might help.

I have the sickness also. At first I thought maybe I was pregnant, because it was worse in the mornings. It feels just like morning sickness, but I know I am not actually pregnant. So, I am assuming it is anxiety. It is such a terrible feeling. Something makes me gag, then I run to the bathroom and wretch, and sometimes actually get sick. It also makes my heart beat weird which totally freaks me out. It is terrible. I do not have any wise advice, other than to remember to take care of yourself... But it does help to know you are not alone in this.

-- Anonymous

Hi all,

thanks for your replies, it has made me feel better. It does feel exactly like morning sickness, but i know its not.
    I know i have to deal with the anxiety first and this will go, but as a long time sufferer i wonder if it ever will

Thanks again,

anx x

VICKI

P.S. How's the tomatoes?? xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Thread Information