Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please tell me I'm not alone with these constant panic attacks.

Re: Please tell me I'm not alone with these constant panic attacks.

I know it horrible to live with, I'm having severe anxiety with panic attacks it's as if my feelings hit rock bottom I go so low and scared is like my depression exaggerates ten fold during the extreme anxiety bouts, and Ive been having these attacks daily for few weeks now, once I finally manage to calm myself down a bit my mood lifts slightly and head gets just that bit clear enough for me to begin reassuring myself a bit, but it still is destroying me each time it comes around I just feel so emotional during it too which, is so hard for me as the man I am, I know I shouldn't be ashamed to feel the way I do but I do, I find it extremely humiliating to show how I feel to my misses and I feel even worse in front of my 3 children, for me the biggest worrys are that I will lose it completely or become so depressed with how I feel and barely coping that I'll end up being put in hospital, which is fuelling my anxiety and depression. Hope things ease of a little for all of us soon.

Hi Chris I can relate to the depression bit totally and it really does consume you and it#s tiring too. What's bought this recent bout of anxiety on, you have any idea's? May I suggest you (if you haven't already) contact your GP for help and may be try some meds/therapy Yes it's a male ego thing oh I feel bad but cant say how I really feel totally understand, but you need to talk to your GP about your current feelings! Hey it will get better Cheers

Hi, big boy, I'm not really too sure I think it's all self inflicted, I had been getting more and more low over the last few months and feeling less and less like doing things, everything was getting harder to do and keep up with. And the anxiety came back in a big way all at once kind of just felt like I snapped then my thoughts have been too much for me destroying myself that I can't cope etc and that I'm just going keep on downward spiral now till I snap, me life feels like it's been flipped upside down and everything is a struggle now, I have been on mirtazapine for about 10 years now, most of that time on 30 mg had it upped to 45 mg for about six months then I dropped back down, but I have been on 15mg for about 18 months now hoping I could get by, I will have try speak to doc, I'm so shy though I have social anxieties bad too, I always feel I never express how I'm feeling properly I like never know how to explain how I feel and even when I'm really distressed and suffering I still try put on a brave face to the doctor!!. I put off and put off going till I feel distraught, think everything feels worse with not getting much sleep just way too much adrenaline floating about, the mirtazapine used to help me sleep and give me a little rest, don't know whether just see what doc says and maybe try increasing the dose again. thanks mate all the best

Quote Originally Posted by ABE1981 View Post
    Hi, big boy, I'm not really too sure I think it's all self inflicted, I had been getting more and more low over the last few months and feeling less and less like doing things, everything was getting harder to do and keep up with. And the anxiety came back in a big way all at once kind of just felt like I snapped then my thoughts have been too much for me destroying myself that I can't cope etc and that I'm just going keep on downward spiral now till I snap, me life feels like it's been flipped upside down and everything is a struggle now, I have been on mirtazapine for about 10 years now, most of that time on 30 mg had it upped to 45 mg for about six months then I dropped back down, but I have been on 15mg for about 18 months now hoping I could get by, I will have try speak to doc, I'm so shy though I have social anxieties bad too, I always feel I never express how I'm feeling properly I like never know how to explain how I feel and even when I'm really distressed and suffering I still try put on a brave face to the doctor!!. I put off and put off going till I feel distraught, think everything feels worse with not getting much sleep just way too much adrenaline floating about, the mirtazapine used to help me sleep and give me a little rest, don't know whether just see what doc says and maybe try increasing the dose again. thanks mate all the best
    Hi Chris its Np yeah been at that stage too many times and you just end up doing nothing. What you could do is not wait till you snap but if you have understanding GP then makes some notes and if you are shy just say a bit and give him the note I have never been really good at expressing my self too, although it's getting better Maybe look at different meds combined with some therapy and a herbal sleeping remedy! Is it ok if I pm you mate? Take care

Hi, yeh think ill try pick up the courage make an appointment, Your very welcome to PM me of course, I could do with a new friend or two lol take care Abe

Quote Originally Posted by ABE1981 View Post
    Hi, yeh think ill try pick up the courage make an appointment, Your very welcome to PM me of course, I could do with a new friend or two lol take care Abe
    That's cool they are there to help you yeah same here mate Take care Cheers

Hi your definately not alone im having constant panic attacks everyday too and seems like there is no break, my gp prescribed me 2mg of diazpam to take as needed but im scared to take them to get addicted to them as the panic attacks are constant. Im just exhausted and already had 2 panic attacks so far today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information