Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst panic attack of my life

Worst panic attack of my life

Just had worst panic attack of my life had new symptoms which I've never had, my whole hands went numb and tingly and felt like they were almost paralysed. Couldn't breathe and felt faint chest pain horrendous! Now obviously exhausted and sad , I really thought that was it this time it just felt so different to previous ones. Does anyone else get new symptoms with panic attacks? And how do people cope with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Worst panic attack of my life

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nwoods92 View Post
    Just had worst panic attack of my life had new symptoms which I've never had, my whole hands went numb and tingly and felt like they were almost paralysed. Couldn't breathe and felt faint chest pain horrendous! Now obviously exhausted and sad , I really thought that was it this time it just felt so different to previous ones. Does anyone else get new symptoms with panic attacks? And how do people cope with them?

Last night when I was about to ho to bed I started to have back/chest pain and was sure the lumps in my throat was due to cancer of the lungs or moved to it some how and mabye got a hour of sleep. My point bing that it went away this morning a nd hasn't returned since so I think it was caused by HA so yes I get where yes I think so.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

The numb/paralysed hands things I get if I have a terrible anxiety or full on panic attack. I believe it is caused by hyperventilation - something about having too much oxygen in your system causes your hands to do this. If I'm going to have a full episode of it I tend to get tingling in my knees (random, but true!) or down the back of my neck. I've learnt these early signs and get my breathing under control.

Yes - I've had panic attacks all my life - shaking, rapid heartbeat, headaches neck pains, chest pain, struggling to breathe but in recent weeks for first time ever have started having vertigo as well . This has terrified me even though GP assures me it is related to anxiety , I too am having the worse panic attacks I''ve ever experienced. I so feel for you. This is hell on earth and I can get no help from anyone. Am thinking of you

Its okay. I just recently had one of the worst anxiety attacks of my life out of nowhere at school. I had to sit in the nurse's office for most of the day after that. Ever since then, my anxiety about my breathing has been getting worse every day and i started taking Xanax. Sometimes I feel symptoms I have never felt before and it feels different from anything ive ever experienced and im sure im going to die but i never do even when i am freaking out and can barely breathe. I always hyperventilate until im tingling and numb and it feels like i cant breathe and im gasping for air and i get pain in my lungs and chest and throat. Sometimes it helps me to listen to slow or sad music and also sometimes it helps to eat something healthy with protein or think of something happy and smile.

Anxiety is a funny thing, isn't it? My anxiety pretty much behaved the same way my whole life...until recently. About 2-3 years ago I started having new and frightening symptoms that I had never experienced before. Heart palpitations, night sweats, frequent urination, numb/tingly fingers and toes, nausea and vomiting, vision problems...I could go on forever. I had never experienced these symptoms before, and I have had anxiety for pretty much all of my life. I thought that for sure these new and startling symptoms must be a sign of something more sinister. But nope! They were all from anxiety.

Our bodies can only maintain the fight or flight response for so long without starting to show physical symptoms. These symptoms may seem confusing and unrelated, but trust me, they are all due to the long term affect of anxiety on the body. You may even experience these symptoms long after your initial episode of anxiety/panic has passed. Sometimes I even have these symptoms when I'm feeling relaxed.

We are not meant to live our lives in a constant state of panic. The levels of daily anxiety that we deal with do take a toll on our bodies. What you are feeling is a normal response to constant stress and nothing to be afraid of. In time as you learn to deal with your anxiety (perhaps through CBT or medications or whatever your treatment of choice may be) these physical symptoms will subside. You will get better. Relapses on the road to recovery are normal as well. Try not to beat yourself up over it. You're doing your best.

Thank you. I needed that.

Just had the start of a panic attack leaving a restaurant again another new symptom of legs feeling like jelly now all my upper back is killing. Heart rate didn't speed up though which was weird? Just started panicking and deep breathing now body feels achey convinced it's my heart

I feel for everyone I had 48 hour panic attack last year and it restarted my anxiety issues with new factors for fun. To help everyone understand an attack is your body fight or flight response. Your brain dumps tons of adrenaline into your system to fight or run. The tingles and numbness you feel during attack is normal your body is pulling blood from other place and super chArging others needed for such as response like your legs, and Heart.
    The bathing heavy is from your body needing to get extra air for the same response. Understanding how your body is reacting can help a panic attack be less intense and how to counteract some of what's going hope this helps people. Remember knowledge is power

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information