Thread: Hello everyone! :)

Hello everyone! :)

Hi everybody!

I'm Nikx and I'm a 21 guy from Bulgaria.
    My anxiety started with that first panic attack about four months ago. Back then I didn't know what was going on and I was scared to death. But now as time has passed I am no longer having panic attacks as I learned to accept them. I found out that accepting eliminates them completely for me.

The only thing that is left now is my anxiety which I fear has escalated to a GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder), though I have not been diagnosed with it still, as I have yet to go to a psychotherapist or psychiatrist. My GP however calmly announced that I have a Panic Disorder, which I don't agree with, as I don't experience panic, as much as I experience anxiety because of the physical symptoms that are left. One of my biggest struggles alongside the psychical symptoms is the derealization. I find coping with it hard as I usually am a perfectionist and like to be in control.

At the moment I am using Lavender essential oil to help with the sleeping issues, and am taking a pill called Remotiv that my GP prescribed.

That's my story in some words.

Have a lovely day!

Nikx <3
    Last edited by Nikx; 18-09-17 at 21:45.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Nikx and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello everyone! :)

Will do!

Thank you!

Welcome Nikx,

It is comforting to know that so many other people go through the same thing. I experienced about 4 panic attacks that seemingly came out of nowhere. I had a full workup with a cardiologist because I was convinced that something was wrong. Once I got cleared and I realised it was just myself being anxious the panic attacks stopped. Now I only deal with some specific phobias. I have started exercising 3 times per week doing cardio on the elliptical for 20-30 mins and it has made a huge difference in my mental health. Exercising stimulates release of many "feel good" hormones in the brain that can help with anxiety. I highly recommend it. In 1-2 months I was doing much better but it does require consistency.

Great advice!

I've made some changes that I'm benefiting from already. For example I've cut my caffeine intake to a minimum. My only problem is that I'm having a hard time cutting on nicotine.

Thank you for your advice!

Have a great day!

Nikx <3

Hi Nikx.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to try and help yourseld, well done.

I would cut out the caffeine altogether though, switch to decafe, and have you thought of vaping instead of ciggies, if you are a smoker? You could limit your nicotine consumption with that if packing in altogether seems a bit much right now.

Hiya Nikx and welcome to NMP hope you find the answers you are looking for Cheers

Thanks everyone for the great words and advice!

Lots of love to you all!

Have a great day!

Nikx <3

Thread Information