Thread: Pressure in head - Brain Tumour fears - Advice needed

Unhappy Pressure in head - Brain Tumour fears - Advice needed

Hi

I am a new poster to this forum but have been lurking for the past few months and I have to say this place has been a godsend for my health anxiety.
    Just to know they are people out there with the same worries and fears I have helps to make me feel not so alone.

I suffer from chronic health anxiety which in turn causes symptoms but I also suffer from several symptoms that I do not believe are caused by anxiety but are as yet undiagnosed.

Most recently I have been feeling slightly nauseous in the morning and have had a feeling of pressure in the left side of my head from about two inches above my ear to my left temple and the left side of my face sometimes feels numb.

This pain sometimes radiates to my neck and under my left ear and around my jaw and of course I am absolutely terrified that it could be a brain tumour.

I am shortsighted and I do usually wear glasses although I have been wearing them less frequently than normal recently so this could be something to do with it.

The only thing is I have had eyestrain from not wearing my glasses before and it didn't feel like this and I definately didn't feel sick.

I do have a decayed wisdom tooth that needs to come out but again the toothache I have suffered in the past felt nothing like this although it was horrendous.

Of course I am absolutely terrified that I have some sort of brain tumour and can't help thinking and worrying about it constantly, it's really decreasing the quality of my life and of course the anxiety is not helping.

Is there anyone out there who has had similar symptoms and has any advice for me as to what this could possibly be?

I really don't want to have to make another appointment with my doctor as although he is pleasant enough he always tells me it is anxiety which it probably is and makes me feel like a hypochondriac (which I admittedly am).

He has even sent me for blood tests before and an Echocardiogram due to some HA I had a few months back caused by shortness of breath/ racing heart/ dizziness.

Everything came back pretty normal, although at the time I had blood pressure a little on the high side but since I changed my diet it is now well within normal range at around 124/ 78.

However if these latest symptoms persist I will have to make an appointment as I just can't stand the worry. Either that or I will have to change my doctor to another at the practice.

If anyone has got any idea at all what this might be I would be eternally grateful.

Re: Pressure in head - Brain Tumour fears - Advice needed

The mind is a powerful thing.

And if you're convinced you have something such as a "brain tumour" then you're going to feel "symptoms"
    I did much the same thing...I've convinced myself I have had many different illnesses...a brain tumour being one of them.

I went and spoke to a doctor about my concerns. He said that with a brain tumour a doctor would look for "localized symptoms" as he put it.
    This includes twitching muscles, numbness in arms/ legs, vision problems.

With headaches...a doctor will not be concerned about these unless they are waking you at night...

Pressure in the head is very common with anxiety....

Pain around your neck/ eyes and jaw is most likely tension...when we are tense we tend to clench our jaws which can cause this discomfort.

I understand how you feel though, I went through the same thing not long ago...had headaches everyday, pain behind my eyes, neck, jaw and pressure throughout my head.

Once I finally accepted that wasn't a tumour...but anxiety the symptoms vanished.

However you must accept that you do not have a tumour 100%...

I hope this helps, all the best.

Electric Blue
    You want to believe it, you know that it's true
    Your life is a canvas...the colours are you

Oh my god....

Exactly the same it is scary....

Chest Pains, Shortness Of Breathe, Feeling like I can't breathe in after breathing out, Headaches that seem constant and only get away from when I am sleeping, on the left hand side of the head, above the ear moving to the temple..

I too have a decaying Wisdom tooth but out of laziness haven't had it removed yet, had one the other side and the pain I was in was horrendous, this pain is now just scary..

I too have been to and from the Doctor's and Hospitals, never satisfied with the A-OK, I went private with BUPA, Again, after ECG's, Blood Tests and Nero Exams I got the OK, I felt fine for 2 days, then a new symptom started and BANG, was back having problems again..

It's driving me crazy as I know I am suffering from Anxiety and not heart disease or brain tumors but can I make my mind believe it? Nope....

Yep it really sucks and you try and rationalize it but when a new symptom appears that all goes out the window. At the moment I am convincing myself that it must be serious as I have never felt this weird nausea before.
    I just wish I could be one of those people that shrug it off like my other half who has to be dragged to the doctor but nope.
    The irony is even the knowledge that I am a hypochondriac doesn't help as I always think that this time it will be serious and either no-one will believe me or I won't do anything about it in time as I 'll put it down to anxiety.
    Arrrrghhhh..........

If you were to look at a photo of the facial nerves (don't though) you would see that the face is full of them that is why the pain from toothache is horrendous. Pain from a decayed tooth at the bottom of the mouth can cause pain in the temple and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised that the pain you are getting is referred pain from your decayed tooth.

Thread Information