Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not psychologically minded

Not psychologically minded

Can anyone give me a good explanation of what the above means as my treatment for anxiety, ocd and possibley ptsd have ceased and this is the reason given.

Re: Not psychologically minded

Anyone??

Hi.

This was the reason given to me in a letter to my doctor last week for being discharged from the community mental health team, as a result I no longer get CBT. I interpreted it to mean a poor state of mind, but lets face we wouldn't need help if that wasn't the case.

Hi
    it means a poor state of mind then I'd think that when you should be getting help not taking help away from you.

Hi,

It means that you are not open to psychological treatments - like counselling, CBT, etc. thus they probably can't see that you will benefit further from them.

IMO this is so wrong, as in my mind, the people who are not able to do that are the ones who need reaching out to most. I know that in order to try to get well you have to meet them halfway, and open up yourself to treatment options, but to send you a letter with that on is pretty harsh.

Call me cynical, but I would bet it has something more to do with funding than anything else.xx

This has happened to me twice now so I've learned to take it on the chin. However, I was psychologically minded enough to write two letters of complaint though - one to the body that runs the local community mental health team and one to the BABCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul30 View Post
    Hi.

This was the reason given to me in a letter to my doctor last week for being discharged from the community mental health team, as a result I no longer get CBT. I interpreted it to mean a poor state of mind, but lets face we wouldn't need help if that wasn't the case.
    This is what has happened to me, I think its the easy way out for them. They find it hard going trying to help you and it takes up a lot of time and funding so they choose the easy way out.
    So what happens to us no help being told there is no help for us we just got to put up with it. I can tell you I felt like I was just pushed out the door and told feck you we cant do anything for you, live with it.

I hear what you're saying mate as I felt the same way. I was beginning to think that it was just me but clearly its not. I'm keeping a hold of my letters and documenting any further responses given, then I'm going to write to a few papers to see if they're interesting in printing it. They're not messing me about anymore!
    Last edited by Paul30; 24-05-11 at 23:57.

So what happens to us now, I have some really bad days where I dont leave my room other days I dont leave the house. I would have thought that there would be some sort of help.

I'm surprised they didn't suggest any alternative therapies as a substitute, or other options, or even explain it to your face. They leave you in the blue. Just a letter. It must be like being made redundant from a job!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information