Thread: Hot flushes!

Hot flushes!

Has anyone experienced or experience now this horrible symptom of anxiety. i find that whenever i get nervous, if im around people, in a shop especially, or pub i get a sudden hot flush come on and then my mind automatically tells me im going to pass out causing other symptoms to arise such as sounds becoming distaught, dizziness, feeling sick. I've tried deep breathing, thought distraction and completed cbt. none of which helped. but i have cured my self of this a few times over the last 8 years when my anxiety is at its lowest. i just seems to faded on its own. 4 months ago i couldnt have anyone in my house not even family due to the fact i thought i'd pass out and would get these hot flushes but now i can have anyone in. I still struggle to go to supermarkets... but where as before i couldnt even sit in the car park i can now touch wood! I have gone into the odd little newsagents, estate agents, doctors but if theres any kinda queue fight or flight kicks in and i automatically run. have tried staying in the situation but i end up feeling so bad i literally feel like im going to drop to the floor. have i ever??? No, but still that doesnt cure my irrational thoughts! would love to hear from those who have unfortunately like me suffer or have suffered same or similar things.
    x

Re: Hot flushes!

hi
    sounds like u describing me ! i am getting alot betta . i think that is because i have excepted that i am wot i am an am learning to live with it . i will not let it ruin my life .i can do the shopping one day the next im scared walking roung the garden ! i just have to do what i can when i can .

stay strong keep fighting
    sandra
    xxxxx

Re: Hot flushes!

its terrible isnt it. i know that in the past i have got rid of these symtoms when anxiety has been at it lowest but i guess it still doesnt help when i get a relapse although i have in the future and hope i will be cured once again. always praying the flipping thing wont return. I in the summer was heavily pregnant and blimey that was hard, i'd have to sit at appointments with the windows wide open to keep me cool and freezing cold water in bottles on my wrists! Thanks for replying and i wish u well and to be rid of these horrible anxieties as i wish for us all! take care xxxxxx

Thread Information