Thread: Escitalopram/Lexapro/Cipralex and feelings..

Escitalopram/Lexapro/Cipralex and feelings..

I've had a very sudden realisation that I have no emotions or if I do they are very select. It's really hard to explain but nothing bothers me BUT my own anxieties and obviously they aren't bothering me as much. I really wish I could get this out into words. I can go into an anxious state without there being any emotion attached to it, so my heart is pounding and I'm feeling ill but I'm not feeling the emotion of it. I can only appreciate friendship through the familiarity of it and not through the warm friendship type feelings. I doubt I'm capable of making friends in this state and I'm supposed to be dating someone who is completely enthusiastic and I just don't feel anything. I don't feel a need for anything or anyone, a want for anything but I'm not 'numb' as I was when I had a horrific experience on prozac. If I had feelings I would feel lonely but as things stand I could sit in a small room with 4 white walls and not move all day. I don't feel subdued or lethargic, I just don't feel .... well ... much.

If anyone can relate to this or can offer an opinion or their similar experiences I'd be interested to hear.

Mark

You know what I fully understand what you talking about even thoe you think you haven't put in to word you really did explain it as well as it could be explained.

I had the same feeling after being of zoloft for almost a year I took my self off the med but I wouldn't reconmend that but you should talk you dr about it there may be something he could try of you could try to feel at peice with the fact that at least you are not feeling those over welming feeling that go with anxiety.

your Dr should be able to answer any question's but in the end you have to decide what to do i found that i was ready to come off the my med's despite the Dr advice to stay on them. I slowly decreased what i was taking over time I was fine and enjoying life far better that i was on the med's. It's been a fue years now and I feel ready to join the world a bit more and I'm thinking about going back on the med's to help me deal with my small amont of anxiety i feel. Anyway i just thought i tell you that i have been threw it but you have to decide what your need's are and go from there.

Good luck.

Thanks for that Mum!

I've been on other meds before and I've probably felt it to some degree but not like this. This time it's crept up on me without realising and it was only when my mum said something to me that I realised I wasn't reacting as I know I would react. I've been on this med for about 4 or 5 months now so I'm not sure what has suddenly changed things! Very bizarre!

Mark

I had that a little as well Mark when I was on Cipralex. It kinda kills your emotons, doesn't it? It didn't bother me too much though as it killed my anxiety at the same time. I guess it's just one of those side-effects..

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Feeling flat
    No More Panic ? really?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks for those Meg, that's just how it is. I don't think it's even been quite this strong before though. I won't use the word "bad" because it's not really a bad feeling. It's a sense of coping and that's just what I need right now. Things are really moving forward in life and I'm eternally grateful for that, for the help on here, work, counsellors, friends and family!

Mark

Thread Information