Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trapped wind in chest

Trapped wind in chest

Hi All
    I am fairly new on here and finding it a great help so thank you to all the kind understanding people.
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this symptom....On occasions i get a feeling of trapped air in my chest which is very uncomfortable, it feels a bit like i want to burp, i suck strong mints and drink peppermint tea this helps me burp but the feeling starts to build back up again straight away, the doc thinks i might have a spasm in the gullet causing this. I just wondered if anyone else has ahd it and if they think its a symptom of anxiety.
    Many thanks and best wishes to all.

"Love looks forward, hate looks back, anxiety has eyes all over its head."

Re: Trapped wind in chest

Hi Lynda

Welcome aboard!

I get this too, I find drinking chilled water out of a bottle with a sports cap eases this, it seems to make me burp!!!!!
    I always carry one with me everywhere.
    ope this helps

Elaine x

Quote Originally Posted by diybabe View Post
    Hi All
    I am fairly new on here and finding it a great help so thank you to all the kind understanding people.
    I was wondering if anyone else has had this symptom....On occasions i get a feeling of trapped air in my chest which is very uncomfortable, it feels a bit like i want to burp, i suck strong mints and drink peppermint tea this helps me burp but the feeling starts to build back up again straight away, the doc thinks i might have a spasm in the gullet causing this. I just wondered if anyone else has ahd it and if they think its a symptom of anxiety.
    Many thanks and best wishes to all.
    hi its so good to know im not the only one suffering with this problem i never realised trapped wind could be so painful across my bust having lots of tests done at moment hopefully my doc will get to bottom of this soon its happening to me every day drinking boiling water peppermint tea goea away for a liitle while then comes back with a vengence trying to learn to live with it for now but carnt wait for the day when it goes for good.many thanks kelly

hello can i join your club lol,,i was awake till four this morning ,,,even talking was nearly impossible,,,the pain is nasty and worrying,,i tried propping myself up in bed,,,ive also tried gaviscon,,to no avail thennnnnn and your gonna laugh now after to the end of my tether last night i tried what i know works as its tried and tested on my rabbits tummys,,,gripe water,, took one swig, and within minutes most of the discomfort had gone,,it worked so well i was belching ,,,scuseeeee me such a lady,,,for ten minutes then fell asleep, give it a go you,ve nothing to lose

Hey guys - my first post and I am so relieved that I am not the only one with this condition. I have it as I type - hence my search for answers. Snow allowing, I'm going to get some gripe water tomorrow. Thing is this pain only occurs every now and again. Did any of the doctors get to the root cause? I find it so debilitating - I can hardly get to the top of the stairs without clutching my chest.

Regards

2GT

I have had this to , try Windeze , it helps

I'm very inclined to think this is acid reflux or indigestion of some kind, especially if there is burning pain and/or burping seems to relieve it. You might be better off trying Rennies or Gaviscon, and if that doesn't help see your doctor to see if they can prescribe something a bit stronger.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Just a word of warning about peppermint tea - it's great (I love it!) but you shouldn't drink it on an empty stomach, only after food. It can relax the muscle between the stomach and esophagus, allowing stomach acids to flow back into the esophagus - making the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion worse. I couldn't work out why peppermint tea sometimes made me feel worse, but then I read this somewhere and it made sense!

Hi All

I too get this in fact i have it now it is not nice also get a little burning in the back of my throat i,m deffo going to try gripe water if babies can take it cant see it being harmful do you think?

I have to go docs on thurs for a breath test for H polyi?(sp) half of me hopes i have it so i can get treated and end this it is annoying and scary

I get this from time to time...otherwise I just have flatulence and pain which is bearable...when it is really bad the pain is terrible and I cannot rid myself of it with any amount of antacids etc. The only thing that really helped was a 2mgm Valium which the Dr prescribes for emergencies! I think the fact that the valium relaxes the muscles allows the flatulence to start moving on its way! So sorry, cos I know how sore it is and as I had this after a social meal/gathering I know how it can be unbearable,....had to go home as it was too painful to talk and I couldn't think of anything but the pain!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information