Thread: Wind pains:-(

Wind pains:-(

I have always suffered from wind and pains in my stomach, GP said I must have always had IBS. I had lots of bloods done last year, all clear.

I had some electric allergy testing done recently which told me I was intolerant to dairy, I am not sure how accurate this is, though it did also say onions, pork, tomatoes and citrus fruit which I know I have reactions too, spooky!

2 days ago I had a jacket potato with cottage cheese, I always have this at lunchtime and within half an hour my stomach was bubbling and painful, it felt bloated. It hasn't gone since, I am left with stomach cramps and bubbling feeling, very low down though, below my belly button. My stomach rumbles all the time like I am hungry, I eat but the wind does not go, it is so annoying.

I am seeing my GP today, it was to just pick up some iron tablets and arrange a blood test for it but now I have stomach trouble and had bad tinitus all week I am worrying about going, he is going to think im mad I hate it when everything hits at once

I know what he will say though, he will just say my stomach is just me and to let it pass. He has given me opramzole (I think it was) in the past but they made me feel worse.

Does anyone else suffer like this? what could have flared it up and why won't it go? I haven't eaten any dairy since, and it still won't go so im not sure it is that.

Has anyone had the electronic allergy testing and know how accurate it is?

Re: Wind pains:-(

Aimee, I have had a bad stomache and wind problems for years well since i can remember anyway, my GP is also convinced that it is I.B.S, the thing is with me its always there, not like other I.B.S suffer's i have spoken to, who symptoms come and go... Mine seem to never change just a gurgling rumbling down below all the time combined with wind and loose stool's and i dont get constapation like other suffer's which i am glad of and dont get much pain maybe just a little uncomftable at times..

Hope you feel better soon.

Take Care

Dan

HI,

Mine comes on after eating mostly and it burns up in my chest at times so I take gaviscon. It comes and goes, I will have this every now and again this bad, then other times its just bubbly.

It is horrible and it gets me down alot.

I also do not have constipation but my bowel moments are abit loose most morning, haven't done a 'normal' bowel movement for a while.

hi Aimee, mine comes and goes too, im trying to sort out which foods trigger my tummy pains, its hit or miss tho!!! ive found so far that fried food, tomatoes and spicey food are a no go for me. ive suffered IBS for almost a year now, doc says brought on by my depression and anxiety. When its bad its really bad, i get cramps, bubbling and gurgling, bloatedness which i hate its very uncomforable and sometimes painful, i suffer constipation with my IBS, which at times leaves me crying in agony. I take mintec when its really bad (not sure if it helps or not) and when its really bad i take buscupan (spelling). Just thought id let u know that you are not alone with your suffering from IBS, cuz its a horrible thing to live with along side anxiety!!! hope you feel better soon, take care, Debs xxx

Hi Aimee

I have the same symtoms as you and i find that they come and go realted to monthly cycle and hormones. Like ovulation and then just as period starts. It gives me reflux as well and I didnt want to take the ozmeprazole but i gave in and it doeswork wonders for the reflux.

It all really started when I got stressed although its super kicked off since i had my baby last november.

It seems that at certain times of the month dairy products upset me big time....stomach goes like a baloon and is agony. Also certain sugary stuff like cakes and carbs do it too so after middle of month now i try and eat as few refined carbs as possible and no added sugar at all...it seems to help. But when my period starts I go mental with as much sugar as I can cram into ty mouth but by that poin in cycle it doesnt seem to happen.

Hope your okay

Lisa
    xxx

Thank you all.

I just wonder if it is the dairy, because it flared up after I had cottage cheese for lunch on wednesday.

This afternoon I have wind between my shoulder blades, my stomach is growling and I keep passing wind (tmi). It seems to get worse after eating. I have had so much in my past, and it does get worse during ovulation and most deffinatly during my period. I also think stress is a big factor, I start 14 hour shifts at the weekend so I guess Im nervous about starting on a new ward.

Urghh, I feel worse now, it is trapped between my shoulders:-(

It is making me go to the loo more often too, is this normal with IBS?

Thread Information