Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

"Am a lawyer, simply cannot live like this, am thinking of cold turkey...newsman, did you do that? What happened to you in the cold turkey? Don't mind some side effects, just need to get myself back..."

I am a Journalist and a 30 year PR Consultant - both careers swilling in booze. What did I do? I JUST STOPPED. Do what your mother told you: Pull yourself together! Get out into the sunshine. I'm on your side.

newsman

not all meds suit everyone but pls dont go cold turkey.

u need to come off these drugs slowly with docs guidance pls

milly x

My husband was prescribed Citalopram last week after he cut his wrists (even he's not sure if it was a suicide attempt). I'm trying to understand him and the effects that the drugs are having but I'm finding it really, really hard. He's very 'random' is confused, repeats himself. I can cope with this but I can't cope with the way alcohol affects him. Even small amounts of alcohol effect him but I can't convince him that he shouldn't mix drink and drugs.

Does anyone have any advice they can give me on how to cope and what I can do to help?

Many thanks

i have been sufferingfrom palpatations for 5 years and i am really suffering from panic and anxiety so doc wants me to go on citalopram i am really scared cause i noticed side effects could be palpatations which i already have do u think it safe enough to take please help

Hi, im new to this forum and it has been really interesting to read peoples comments on citalopra. I myself started on citalopram six weeks ago. I was suffering from anxiety and generally feeling really, really low.

At first, after reading the side effects, I was really frightened to start my medication, but im now so glad I did. Yes, I did experience side effects, ie cold and hot rushes through body, difficulty in sleeping, loss of appetite and brief periods of lower than normal moods, however I am now back to feeling my normal self and wow what a difference that makes.

I myself also suffer from palpitations, but please take it from me these tablets did not make them any worse, in fact because i am now feeling calmer and happier I do not notice them as much, by the way I am on 10mgs.

Hi,
    About 9 weeks ago I was suffering what my Doc. called multiple symptom anxiety, I had dizzyness,nausea,palpitations,racing heart,panic attacks, severe anxiety ,scared me just looking out the window and the tension in my stomach and muscles was unbearable like every nerve in my body was on edge.
    My Doc prescribed Citalopram but being scared of the side effects people were talking about on here I DIDN'T start taking them, I also talked it over with my therapist ( had 6 sessions of CTB ) and he said I wasn't showing any signs of Depression.
    That was 9 weeks ago and today without taking the meds I feel almost back to my old self just get a little bit of early morning tension but I can cope with that.

Best wishes
    Decca.

decca, Well done in helping yourself withot the help of medication that takes a very strong person. You should be proud of yourself.

Nickypicky

Thanks nickyp,
    It feels good to have "me" back again,well for the majority of the time anyway.
    The point I was making is - if I'd started the Citalopram I would be saying that 8 weeks on it's really worked for me but in actual fact I've got better anyway without it.
    I don't think I'm special or strong just made myself face my fears and gradually one by one come to terms with it and re-acustomed myself to how I was before the "alien" took over. just kept saying " I did it before and I can do it again now"

Best wishes
    Decca.

Decca I know exactly what you mean about trying to sort yourself out withoout the use of medication. I myself have suffered from panic and anxiety on and off for years and always manage without medication. However on this particular occasion I just knew in my heart of heart that i would not be able to beat this on my own and so with a lot of thought and doubts, i decided to seek help from the doctor. It may be the case that i would of felt better by this time without the use of citalopram, but deep down in my case i know that they have helped. Nice to discuss this subject though, it makes you realise that your not alone.

NICKY

Yea I agree - everyone should go with their gut feeling regarding meds and it's really helpful to talk to other sufferers about things,that's why this site is so fantastic.
    Decca.

Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information