Thread: Here we go again think i'm diabetic :(

Here we go again think i'm diabetic :(

Hi everyone, hope everyones doing ok?

A new worry has cropped up I think I have diabetes now.
    Symptoms are I like to pee ( but I have always had frequent urination) anxiety?? and I've got slightly discoloured armpits ( I do shave and wear deodorant) god sake when will this worrying ever end?

Doctors tomoz anyway to get my inderal so think i'm going to ask her what she thinks about my arm pits, i'm never thirsty though really but yes i've been googling again argghh I should be happy right now because i'm off on my hols in less than two weeks but can't stop stressing, gosh I hate this crap :(

Re: Here we go again think i'm diabetic :(

Anxiety does cause frequent trips to the bathroom. If you are bothered by it, I would mention it as it could be a bladder issue (one that is easy to fix, so don't go worrying about that!)

I very seriously doubt you have diabetes as you would have other, more serious symptoms as well, but I do think it's worth mentioning to your doctor. What I would do if I were you is get a journal, sit down, and document all of your current symptoms, how they make you feel, and what exactly it is you're worrying about in relation to them. Then, at your doctor's appointment bring it up. See what your doctor says, may they'll run a test (it's pretty easy to rule it out). Then, when you have the results go back to your journal and write them down. In all likeliness, you'll be reporting that your fears were unfounded and that there wasn't anything wrong - but that's a good start! Keeping a journal of my symptoms and fears became a lifesaver for me because I was able to see exactly how afraid I was and that I made it through whatever "illness" I thought I had without any trouble - so if I needed, later I could refer to it and see how my anxiety worked. Over time, I was able to show myself that my fears were totally unfounded and I was able to move on from each new fear without paying it much thought at all.

Good luck at your doctor's appointment and with your health anxiety as well. I still suffer from anxiety, but thankfully I've made my HA (largely) a part of my past!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information