Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta Blockers

Beta Blockers

I've tried quite a few different remedies and medications and found Beta Blockers to be the best thing for when I get really stressed or have a bad panic attack. They are normally used by people with high blood pressure. I guess they must work by stopping the body from getting so worked up.

I've never had any ill effects or problems with them. They're not a sedative and you won't even notice that you've taken one.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

I also use them to prevent migraines. I assume they also help with my anxiety issues. I don't know.

Bel.

Betablockers:

Beta Blockers - new user seeks help please!!!
    propanalol
    Beta Blockers
    Meeting up Bristol/South West
    new to propranolol
    beta blockers

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

ive just started these tablets on satarday aftr i took huge panic attacks and yukky thoughts ,over weekend and went too nhs direct[Ugh] im on propnanol 80mg twice a day,anyone know how long takes for beta blockers too kick in,at mo im feeling a tad spaced out and feel very nausea, still all this crappy thoughts going round in my head aswell,[xx(],i dont know if this is still the anxiety or just a few side effects i darent read what says under side effects or il start thinking im getn em all,i cant tolerate noise either and have been shouting at kids too keep noise down,grumpy mummy[:I]

caz

I have been on Toprol xl for 5 months. It really has helped my anxiety symptoms, but the last week I have been getting very dizzy. I have a felling my blood pressure is dropping too low. Other then that I would recommend it to anyone with anxiety. My heart harldy ever races now.

Hi caz, I too am taking the same meds, as my heart was always racing that fast i though it would have a heart attack sooner or later. It took a week or so before i noticed any difference but a few days after i started taking them i felt awful, i felt really spaced out and dizzy, i did'nt know what was wrong with me. In the end i ended up crying at work and had to ring my boyfriend to come and pick me up. That was just for a few days though and gradually i noticed that my heart was'nt racing constantly and that in turn made me less anxious. Keep with them, they were a godsend for me.
    MarieX

hiya
    on day 5 now of taking propnanol,im feeling a wee bit better think i can see fog lifting a little although i still feel quite weak,anxious and agitated went too see gp tdy didnt get my own gp and he really wasnt much help too be honest,he said u suffer anxiety and unfortunatly thats just how u are:( or were made??
    thanks doc hmmmm
    just advised me too keep takn meds and no he couldnt give me anything else too calm me nerves,or stop the raging battle thats going on in me head between thoughts and concience even tho in last 2 months ive been under thee most amount of stress and also moving house in ten days,just gotta get on with it his advice ,seriously thinking of changing doctor here as feel like im banging my head off brick wall

caz x

I would recommend that you do change your doctor. When I first became ill I went to see whoever was available at my local GPs and she immediately prescribed Prozac- taking that was one of the worst things i ever did. It made me feel really aggressive (even murderous!!) and really spaced out and unreal- I never had that sympton before I started taking Prozac and now (over 2 years later) I still have it. I asked her about counselling and she said the waiting list is too long and it doesn't work anyway!! I changed doctors, got on the waiting list and I was seeing a therapist within a couple of months. The therapist couldn't believe that the doctor had said that.

As for betablockers, I take them whenever I am feeling especially stressed or anxious eg. job interview or travelling and they have been marvellous for me. If I do feel panicky with them I soon come back down again rather than going up and up and feeling really shaky aftrewards too.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

im away too change doctors surgerys tdy this one is bit closer for me which is better as i cant handle buses etc,ive been recomended a gp by another panic attack sufferer poor doc wait till he see's me lol why do i feel guilty about changing tho ive had my gp since i was 16 but i just feel so frustrated with him he often does the eye rolling thing when i go in as if too say here we go again but i feel well he has known me a long time,maybe im just scared of change i dont know my head is fit too burst just now , but im just so fed up coming out surgery feling like ive wasted his time and im no further on and still suffering:( im getting some bach remedys tdy see if they will help, these tablets make me tired and my belly is very sore is that tablets or just anxiety i dunno i need all energy i can as this packing and stuff is taking its toll,im freakn out as the boxes pile up[Ugh] felt better yesterday altho tryn too get too sleep without all these horrid thots pounding in my head was hard feel ruff as bits tdy:( see what tmrw brings

Smile Re: Beta Blockers

hi there i have been prescribed beta blockers today 10ml which i have to take 2 in the morning and 2 at night, i will start them tonight, but im a bit pannicky about taking them...lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information