Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can diazapam stop Anti D from working

Re: can diazapam stop Anti D from working

Quote Originally Posted by Turnaround00 View Post
    Yes, I wish 15 years ago doctors/people and I knew more about anxiety then as I would have refused medicationa and got my ass to a therapist to deal with it then and there. Such is life though
    Indeed, but be aware that therapy is not necessarily a cure, nor does it work for everyone. The success rate is about the same as for meds. While cognitive/behavioural/mindfulness therapies can be at least as effective as antidepressants, they are still only classed as treatments. This isn't a commentary on them per se, but on human nature. The techniques taught need continual application and we tend to slip back into old habits over time.

I agree. I think that it is very easy to slip back into old habits, especially when feeling well again. When I feel well I feel like I am in control and nothing can stop me and I leave anxiety at the door and move on.
    This time I am going to try and keep cbt techniques going so that when anxiety does show its face again I won't be so alarmed and hopefully remember to take it easy and do the steps

If you contact your local branch of MIND they often offer reduced price therapies, my local is £15 per hour max, they negotiate if you are very low income or unwaged too so often it is less and sometimes even free.

There is the possibility of a waiting list because it's popular but it's always worth asking and the waiting lists are usually much shorter than anything within the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaLune View Post
    If you contact your local branch of MIND they often offer reduced price therapies, my local is £15 per hour max, they negotiate if you are very low income or unwaged too so often it is less and sometimes even free.

There is the possibility of a waiting list because it's popular but it's always worth asking and the waiting lists are usually much shorter than anything within the NHS.
    MIND are also the IAPT funded provider in many areas so offer it free throug referral or self referral. So, I would check that first as that would mean making the decision to go private for the same service you could wait a little longer for.

But good to know they offer discounted private therapy. AnxietyUK do the same.

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Back in the first decade of the century there was a concerted push in Britain to make CBT the first line treatment for anxiety and depression with plans to train an extra 10,000 therapists. Then the GFC pole-axed the economy and it seems to have been greatly scaled back.
    They did, they brought in IAPT. This brought us a quicker referral but meant we now saw therapists trained to deliver CBT only with no requirement for any medical background.

It was criticised for introducing a stripped down form of CBT. You will hear even therapists comment about offering only the ERP elements to clients.

It's been a double-edged sword. Personally, I believe it was a plaster to address a service gap rather than a service designed to meet customer needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I believe it was a plaster to address a service gap rather than a service designed to meet customer needs.
    How unusual for governments....NOT!! Sigh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information