Thread: when will this anxiety go?

when will this anxiety go?

I know this is more or less the same as my last post but I am on day 17 of 20ml citalopram and suffering big time.

I wake up BANG im awake! and the feeling of dread and fear is there in my heart and my head, I get up shaking and trembling and start to think I should stop taking these f****** tablets they are POISON!

Then through the day I think well Ive come this far it cant be too long until these terrible side effects go away, please tell me that they will go soon...

But what causes the increase in anxiety? why does it make you feel like this?

Caroline

OMG!! I HAVE to stop searching the net about this, I just saw a post from someone on another forum that said her doctor said if the side effects are not gone after 2 weeks they will never go!! IS THAT TRUE?????

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

ok just to reply to my own post, I just tried to go to the shops with my hubby and my little boy and couldt do it, the anxiety had hold of me and I had to come home after 2 streets. My whole body is shaking and im in a panic.

The trouble is, I think if I came off these tablets I now have it in my head that Im always going to be anxious and therefore will make myself anxious when Im not on them.

What do I do? Please please help me, I dont recognise this person I have become in the short space of 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Iggy131313; 28-07-12 at 09:45.

Re: when will this anxiety go?

Hey don't panic yourself woman!im well into week 5 now and i feel total fine at home and can now go to the shop as its two min from my house!but that took me about 4 weeks to even manage that!had to go to the doc on Tue and had a panic attack out side but just pat down for a while them carried on!i know exactly how you feel i have been signed off work for another two weeks which will take me to week 6 of these i have been on 20 for two weeks on Monday so im just relaxing and taking it easy!i really feel like going away from home today as i have been telling myself so what its a panic attack it actually can't hurt me and if i have a attack i can sit down and a while and carry on!chin up your not long into the med i know its frustrating but it can take up to week6 we have to think positive xxx

Hi hun, cit side effects can be horrid, i remember taking my 1st 10mg tab and being up all night having panic attacks, ive been on and off cit for yrs and can honestly say they gave me my life back once the side effects calmed down but like all ADs they take a while to work and can make us feel worse before we get better x x

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    OMG!! I HAVE to stop searching the net about this, I just saw a post from someone on another forum that said her doctor said if the side effects are not gone after 2 weeks they will never go!! IS THAT TRUE?????
    That's right, stop the searching 'cos it makes us feel and no, it's NOT true that 2 week side affects never go....they do!

Your right in that it won't be too long before you get some relief, your almost 3 weeks in and for me at least is when things started to get better. It may take you a few more days or another week or so but hang in there, don't think of giving them up.

The morning instant anxiety is horrid but is where I first noticed the Citalopram working. Ever so gradually I had less and less anxiety (I felt it would never end by this stage even though I had been through treatment several times before so knew it would but wouldn't let myself believe it) on waking and it was pure bliss.

Don't beat yourself up over having a wobbly when shopping, the Cit' makes things much worse at first and we need to give ourselves as much time as needed to heal before resuming our normal lives again. I didn't leave the house for a month at first and started to get withdrawn and a bit agoraphobic but that soon went and I am now my old self again.

Once your body is used to the Citalopram and you have a goodly amount of Serotonin sloshing around your brain again you will feel great and like me could have ZERO side affects in a few weeks or a couple of months.

All the best,

Steve

Hi iggy

That deffently not true about side after 2 weeks it will not work I promise it took me quit along while to really feel the benefits of citalopram because I was at rock bottom when I started taking them as days go on you will start getting good days then prob bad days until the good days out do the bad ones well that's what happend with me.

What I am really saying is it takes longer for some people than other 2 weeks is not that long at all you will be feeling better soon I promise

Rocker

Thread Information