Thread: New sensations

New sensations

So, Starting two weeks ago I began having sensations I've never experienced before(well atleast not alone and at this rate). The sensation itself is rather hard to explain....Its much like..dizziness, but only occurs in short spurts. It happens during anytime of the day, But it seems like I only notice it when I'm not doing anything.Which lead me to believe that it was something linked to stress. I was diagnosed with a panic attack disorder 4 years ago, but this seems nothing like a panic attacks.

I feel pretty certain it is stress. Due to my panic attacks, Ive always been pretty self aware with anything that goes on in my body. Sometime ago I realised my legs were twitching, Not mucsle spasms, but like quick little jerks. I asked a bunch of people and they said it was quite normal. But I guess subconsciously I was still worried about it, and it has grown into this...

But anyway, I posted on here to get some more input!

What do you all think?

Hi Fidelity,

Only last week I posted about Muscle spasms. It seems they are common, harmless and called "Hypnic Jerks".

On the Dizziness, I also had similar. I wasn't at the point where I felt I owuld fall over, but rather "spaced out" on my feet. Only afterwards did a doctor tell me this was depersonalisation, a common anxiety symptom.

I once felt it while I was at a football match, it was like I was being dragged into space in slow motion. Very weird indeed.

Hi Fidelity

Mmm that sounds like a song???
    I was told the dizziness is linked to the balance of o2 and co2 found in your body. Don't freak, I was told to alter the way I breathe. It is similar to your breathing before a PA.
    Have you changed the way you breathe when you feel stressed?
    I now get less dizzy spells.
    Hope this helps to reassure you

Take care

T

Hi fedelity

Dizzyness is a very common symptom of anxiety, i suffer with it also, and it can be very frightening.

Heres a few posts that may help

Spaced out/ dizzy
    Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness
    Vertigo type sensations
    New to this site and need some advice :(
    Is my head normal???
    Anxiety + Panic + Stress + Dizziness + some relief
    Dizziness - I hate it, any help?

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Thanks for the replies! I didn't expect as meny so soon. I don't know if we are talking about the samething though. When you all are refering to dizziness it seems to me as if you are refering to a constant feeling of dizziness. Mine aren't really like that, They are more... like little zaps of dizziness. I'm kind of just figuring I will get used to it and it will go away.

Fidelity - I also get sharp spurts of dizziness and they also cause me to be a bit wobbly on my feet - this is normal, and as Tammy said, breathing slower and fuller helps to disperse them quicker. Mine feel a little like I've gone over a hump on a rollercoaster, like my head flips.

Jo x

*whenlifegivesyoulemonsmakelemonade*

Thread Information