Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis 2 sleep!!!?

Cannabis 2 sleep!!!?

Hey before i get shouted down for asking, i am desperate i haven'y slept a full nights sleep in 2 weeks. I've tried sleepers, milky drinks etc but NOTHING helps. I don't wanna change my meds because this is the only side effect i'm experiencing and its only come about since i upped the dose. I watched a documentary last week regarding cannabis and friends have suggested it to send me to sleep. Only a tiny bit just as i go to bed! Any opinions??

Re: Cannabis 2 sleep!!!?

My opinion is definately don't do it.

Kate

I have smoked cannabis many many moons ago and to be honest it only caused more proplems especially with anxiety. It sent my mind on overdrive.

I certainly would not reccomend cannabis to anyone with depression and (or) anxiety. It is a bit like having an alcholic drink to help you sleep, great at the time, but you suffer later.

It might be an idea to go back to your Dr and ask it there is anything he can give you to help you get your sleep routine back. You may only need a short course of mild sleeping tablets.

take care xxx

The link between panic anxiety is real, Some can take hash without any ill effects but the problem is, we dont know who can and who cant take it.
    There are other herbal products on the market that may be worth taking a look at.

Hmmmm, your all probably right, i'm very suggestable too so if i'm told i could get anxious then i probably will! Surely this insomnia should pass soon, i had no sleep trouble on the 50mg, but since upping to 100mg its chronic!

i would say def dont do it - it can cause bad anxety so if you are already anxious keep clear

when i upped my dose to 100mg i had trouble sleeping, i still do.

I would def stay away from the cannibas. It dont mix withanxiety.

Have u tried rescue remedy? They do one for nite time to help people sleep

mandie x

I would really suggest that you not smoke cannabis. I was on Zoloft 50mg and use to smoke cannabis once or twice a day. At first it was ok. Then as time went on (3-6 months) when i smoked it would send me into a panic attack. I quit smoking it and the anixtey went down. I haven't smoked it in 4 yrs. and i feel really good. It does nothing to help sleep but it will make you eat alot. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by panik101; 12-02-09 at 01:23. Reason: spelling wrong

Cannabis most likely won't help you sleep. It may make you feel lethargic, but it can act almost as stimulant increasing your energy levels. I occasionally smoke cannabis but I've never had any problem with it interacting with my anxiety, but everyone is wired differently. you should def. do more research about its effects or any interactions before you try it. Try to find a reputable, un-biased source to help you learn more.

i smoked cannabis for 6 years and it got to the stage wherre i couldnt go 2 sleep without a joint!! it will send u off 2 sleep and it does relax the body, but it canmake u feel lazy and heavy the next day. i stopped using because i started thinkin about bad stuff that hadnt even happened. like bad things happenin to people i loved and how it would make me feel. i became paranoid of other people. if u try it and it works for u it could easily become an addiction. it took me a while to stop and im an so much better off, body ad mind. maybe u should try and exercise, have a hot bath, a milky drink. once u get into a routine u will be fine

all the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information