Thread: Shortness of breath

Shortness of breath

Been having episodes of shortness of breath recently. The funny thing is, it doesn't get worse with exercise, it actually gets a bit better if anything.

But what scares me is the pvcs I get with it. It's almost as if, I'm short of breath for an hour or so, can't quite take a full breath, then I get some noticeable pvcs, which seem to be connected to the SOB.

It's like the extra beats are my heart compensating for the lack of oxygen or something.

Anyone else have SOB when it's not related to an anxiety attack?

I've been on lanzoprole for a week and my SOB started on and off about 3 days ago, but its not listed as a side effect in the leaflet.

Re: Shortness of breath

Hello Skippy,

The only way to be reassured about what you're experiencing is to see your doctor who'll probably arrange an ecg. It'll probably be what lots of us have, ectopic beats caused by stress. Also the chest tightness thing is a common symptom when stressed, it's all about the chest muscles tightening up. Breathing exercises are good for this. I've had both these symptoms and I'm still alive and kicking so if this is what you've got then please try not to worry!! You're maybe under a wee bit of stress at the moment
    Myra

Re: Shortness of breath

I definately think the sob is anxiety related, I'm very aware of my breathing and think i can't get enough oxygen. Slow it down and breath into a bag or your hands. It might feel like you're suffercating for the first couple of minutes, but it really makes you feel better after about 3 minutes x

Thread Information