Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEAK LEGS?

WEAK LEGS?

hi all
    just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    my legs feel sooo weak as if i couldnt possibe walk anywhere.
    today in a shop i thought my legs would just buckle they felt soo wobbly and weak-they didnt, i have felt really dizzy this weekis this down to anxiety which has been quite bad this week or should i go docs? this is a concern that we put everything down to panic/anxiety and ignore symptoms that could be dangerous . what to do,does anyone have any suggestions.
    thanks to any replys i may get
    dan (sorry if waffle)

Hi Dan

I had alot of dizziness and legs felt weaker than normal, although I never felt they would buckle.

I believe it is a very common symptom to have weakness in the legs though.

Cheers,
    Trev

hi dan,

yes dizzy and muscle weakness seem to go with this. but my legs never seem to buckle. maybe your anxiety at time was just really high. but you're right. all alot of people see is the anxiety symptoms and the physical symptoms we have sometimes tend to go un noticed or pushed aside by ourselves cos we too think its the panic.

if it carries on i would certainly mention it to your gp. hope you feel a bit better wotever u decide. good luck.

lin x

I have had the wobbly leg thing heap from child hood. It got worse when my situtuon got worse to the point feeling like I was getting cronic faigue syndrom but it turned out to be a combation low iron, depression, anxiety, being out of shape. As i got threw one problem I reailed that somehting els must still be causing it.

The best thing you can do with all new symptoms is talk to the dr ao that can do blood work at least to rule thing like low vitamins or iron and maybe even diabete's with ect and anything els the dr feel he should rule out but it is most proberly just basic anxiety if it not interfering with you day to much.

I find drinkinh juice and eating fruit while i'm out helps with this feeling as anxiety dose speed the metabilsim up and there for you may just need to eat and drink for healthy stuff to give you body the enought energy. There are many reason our body can play trick on you but the dr is the only one you talk to about anything that realy concerned you or interfers with day to day living. I would say it's anxiety thing speicaly if you incountering anxiety during the same day as you wobbly leg's.

Hi Dan,

I too have been experiencing these symptoms as was worrying about them. My legs feel week and sometimes I feel like I wont be able to walk even though, when I get up, I walk fine. I seem to get a similar feeling in my arms too sometimes.

I was wondering whether it was the meds or symptoms and will be asking the doctor about it next time I visit for a check up.

All the best

Alan

"Life's a roller-coaster and I am not strapped in"

Hiya
    I often get weak,wobbly leg and think that there is no way that i will be able to walk any distance,but i usually mange to.
    Think with me its a combination of tiredness and anxiety.
    Hunny x

Yes I get this every now and then and its slightly different to dizziness in that I feel so weak that my legs don't feel strong enough to hold me up. Thankfully its not very often!!

Claire Weekes does mention this in her book!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Dan

I dont get wobbly legs but when i am having a panic attack my legs feel like they have turned to lead. They fell so heavy that it feels like i cant move them but actually i can. Very strange feeling. This then makes me feel out of breath and thats when the dizziness starts. Not the same as you but i hope it helps you to know anxiety can do this. But if you are worried my advice would be to mention it to the doctor next time you go.

Kazo xxx

Heya Dan
    You describe exactly how i feel. Only today i was standing in the post office and i didnt think my legs would hold me up. Sometimes when i walk i feel as though i am not walking if that makes sense its like my body is moving on its own it feels so unreal. What i will say is i have felt like this for 8 years now and not once have my legs not got me to where i was going. When i feel like this i repeat to myself "I am safe, I am well, I have done this before and I will do it again". I have had a lot of the typical anxiety symptoms and most of them have now gone thankfully but the persistent one still seems to be the jelly legs and dizziness.
    Darkangel x

Just to say YES too!

i often feel like my legs are gonna fold under me and have had times clinging to walls or standing still etc etc!

Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information